Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered from saveonlaptops.co.uk

Options
  • 06-01-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I just ordered a laptop from saveonlaptops.co.uk but it's probably not going to be succesful. I payed via paypal and now I'm just seeing posts about people having been refunded because of the unconfirmed shipping address.

The annoying thing is I was going to try and pay by debit card, but when I entered all my details and click next, it brought up a message telling me I selected the wrong card on the previous screen, telling me I should have chosen credit card even though I was using debit?!

Anybody any tips on what I should do if they do cancel the order and refund my money? I'm aware all it takes is a phone call to sort it out but apparently trying to get through to them is a nightmare

Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

i have got 2 laptops from these guys - both times they emailed/texted me to contact them for security questions - i have had no problem getting through to them on both occasions .... once the questions were answered i got the laptop within 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭darren2368

Really? I've been looking up other posts on here about it and a lot of comments about their customer service weren't so great.

Did you pay through Paypal too?

ya i'm pretty sure i did ... if you haven't received an email from them already i would just give them a call .... you may have to wait a few minutes but i have never had to wait more than 5 .....

Well I ordered it last night, got an email this morning saying my payment has been refunded. And for the reason I mentioned above, unconfirmed shipping address.

I contacted them about it but they never asked my any sort of question, they reinstated the order and told me to pay using a debit/credit card instead, which would be fine only I haven't got my money back yet! It could take up to around 10 days before it's back in my account. Not Impressed at all! :(

sorry to hear that - i just went back through my paypal history and the transaction is not there so i must have paid with the CC .... they say it may take up to ten days but it maybe shorter - good luck with it ....

• Advertisement

let us know how you get on darren - tbh i feel a bit bad about it as i recommended them to you , though it was in good faith ... as always with these things sometimes they ain't as straight forward as they seem - hope it all works out for you ....

let us know how you get on darren - tbh i feel a bit bad about it as i recommended them to you , though it was in good faith ... as always with these things sometimes they ain't as straight forward as they seem - hope it all works out for you ....

No need to feel bad! I'm still glad you recommended the site.

My refund actually appeared in my bank account after 48 hours, pretty reasonable! So I made the order again straight away, however I still had the same issue as I mentioned in my first post (selecting debit card but getting an error after entering details saying I should choose credit card).

I contacted saveonlaptops by email and got a pretty quick response (about 20-30 mins). Anyway they said just to go ahead and select credit card and they would refund the surcharge, and sure enough after I emailed them saying I paid, the money was refunded straight away! (48 hours until it'll be back in my account).

I've seen people say their customer service wasn't the best (possibly only on the phone), but I found their email support to be absolutely fine. And as for the initial refund, that's basically Paypal's fault for not giving Irish customers a way to verify the address (bar credit card). So as for saveonlaptops, I recon I'd definitely shop there again, just not through Paypal!!! Their prices really can't be beaten from what I've seen.

Expecting the laptop to arrive tomorrow and unless it's faulty then I'm pretty satisfied! :)

that's great to hear - cheers

Advertisement