Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about giving keys back to the bank..

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

look we all know how bankruptcy works and all the scarys bits around it but there are ways and means around it just ask mr.quinn

yes all the bitter lemons on here think its morally wrong for him to dishonour his debt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

modo85 wrote: »
    look we all know how bankruptcy works and all the scarys bits around it but there are ways and means around it just ask mr.quinn

yes all the bitter lemons on here think its morally wrong for him to dishonour his debt

Forget the moral argument. Your delusional if you think the normal joe soap has access to creative accountants and shell companies to do a Quinn on it. In essence what your suggesting is ludacris.

He will lose all his assets, he will have issues with any start up company getting seed capital, getting bank co operation. If you think bankruptcy is a silver bullet for him you have a distinct lack of knowledge of what your talking about.

If this was a PPR or he had genuine issues servicing the debt yes bankruptcy is the right call, there is no way it is here regadless how you try and spin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

my lack of knowledge ha ha, says your man that says you cant be a director of a company after coming out of being bankrupt.. he doesnt need the best of solicitors and jabronies to apply for bankrutcy any joe soap can do it.. if he doesnt want to go the bankruptcy way there is other ways he can go about it like i listed but imo he should forget about his buissness start up for the moment and worry about clearing his debts first so he is back to scratch

your making it out as if he is a successfull business man with loads of assets and will need the best of the best to fight for him to keep some of his assets, from what i have read he is a normal joe soap with no assets but a big debt he wants rid of, so in essence he doesnt need the best of the best as he has very little to lose

modo85 wrote: »
    my lack of knowledge ha ha, says your man that says you cant be a director of a company after coming out of being bankrupt.. he doesnt need the best of solicitors and jabronies to apply for bankrutcy any joe soap can do it.. if he doesnt want to go the bankruptcy way there is other ways he can go about it like i listed but imo he should forget about his buissness start up for the moment and worry about clearing his debts first so he is back to scratch

your making it out as if he is a successfull business man with loads of assets and will need the best of the best to fight for him to keep some of his assets, from what i have read he is a normal joe soap with no assets but a big debt he wants rid of, so in essence he doesnt need the best of the best as he has very little to lose

Firstly I didnt say he couldnt be a director I said it has implications on him becoming one which it does during the process which means he wont be able to start a company here next year. Thats a fact.

He wants to open a business here next year thats not going to happen if he goes bankrupt his assets are essentially gone. That includes any seed capital he has set aside for this start up. From what you have read you take it he has no assets I take it that he has a house in the UK aswell. Neither of us know as he hasnt fully clarified but from the way the post is initially worded thats what I take from it.

as for the best of the best statement. You insinuated he could keep things stashed away and "do a Quinn on it" a normal joe soap as you concede he most likely is doesnt have that opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Net migration is actually -34,400.

Considering we're supposed to be in a baby boom the population shifts downward from the boom years are huge.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/441562-population-and-migration-estimates-april-2012.html#document/p1

Sorry, have I misunderstood what you are saying?

The population has actually increased since 2006 - not shifted "downward". The 2011 census shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

noodler wrote: »
    Sorry, have I misunderstood what you are saying?

The population has actually increased since 2006 - not shifted "downward". The 2011 census shows.

My point was that while birth rates between 2007 and 2012 are some of the highest the state has seen the population growth hasn't panned out the same way due to net migration levels changing dramatically during the same period.

The population has increased as a whole but only slightly as if you look at that image in my post comparing the years 2007 to 2012 immigration went from 151,100 to 52,700 per annum and emigration went from 46,300 to 87,100 per annum.

Another depressing thing which we've mentioned before in this and other threads is the increase in suicide rates here in Ireland. In fact the rate of suicide in young men is amongst the highest in europe: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/male-youth-suicide-rates-among-the-highest-in-europe-3362580.html

237698.jpg

This has to in part be due to the recession and the pressures and stresses people are experiencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

smccarrick wrote: »
    If you leave the country- you are still liable for the debt- and can be pursued in most countries, including all the EU, The US, Canada and Australia. We have reciprochal agreements with most countries.

Sources for this? I've been told otherwise.not the " you are still liable for the debt" bit of course, this one is obvious.

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Sources for this? I've been told otherwise

www.google.com

Advertisement