Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTD: Shimano Tiagra 9s triple LH shifter

• 06-01-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

I think I've just busted my 9 speed front shifter in carrying out some adjudtments. Cable was tight-ish and shifter stiff and I foolishly pushed a little more than sensible. It went 'snap' and although no bits flew off its no longer ratcheting the cable, and the inner/downshifter lever isn't returning to the 'home' position behind the outer lever.

Its a Tiagra, but would consider alternatives if the price is right. Anyone have something suitable available to buy s/h before I look for a new replacement...?

Before I write it off, perhaps someone can diagnose whether my shifter is FUBAR or not? All assistance gratefully received !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭joxerjohn

Hi Blaaman

I have a set of Tiagra 9s shifters. I am only interested in selling as a set at €100 for the pair. They are off a 2010 bike that I upgraded to 10 speed. Working perfectly.

Let me know if you are interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Thanks Joxerjohn, but thats way too rich for me. A brand new Tiagra 9s shifter on CRC is less than €80 in any case http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=46451

I could also get a used pair of 105 shifters for less (and do a full 10s upgrade with other bits I have for not much more) than you are asking .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭joxerjohn

Fair enough 100 is still a reasonable price for the set, however I think you have your answer.

Not sorted out yet, so still looking and want to sort something for a second bike currently off the road. Need 3 x shimano compatible left-hand shifter at a minimum, but would consider reasonable priced 3 x 9 pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

is it right hand shifter for rear mech.or left for chainset :confused:
    i will have a look in my spares box tomorrow and if i find one its yours.
    no money need change hands but i'm only guessing i might have something.;)

• Advertisement

FSL,
    Thanks fo the reply - and sorry for any confusion ! Its the left hand shifter I need, for front (triple) mech. Let me know if you find one !!!

Cheers

B

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If its for the triple at the front AFAIK it doesn't have to be 9 speed specific, a 10 speed triple will/should also work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    FSL,
    Thanks fo the reply - and sorry for any confusion ! Its the left hand shifter I need, for front (triple) mech. Let me know if you find one !!!

Cheers

B
    ok just pulled the place apart :rolleyes:
    all i have left is an old set of sora and right and 105 i did have what you wanted but i gave them away to a friend, if the sora is any good to you let me know. sorry about that..

CramCycle wrote: »
    If its for the triple at the front AFAIK it doesn't have to be 9 speed specific, a 10 speed triple will/should also work.

Thanks, CC. I was wondering about that. They tend to be pricier (10s shifters) but at least it increases my options.
    ok just pulled the place apart :rolleyes:
    all i have left is an old set of sora and right and 105 i did have what you wanted but i gave them away to a friend, if the sora is any good to you let me know. sorry about that..

No worries - thanks for taking the time to look.

My search continues. Something will turn up, at least its not my primary bike, so I'm not off the road, or in a mad rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have Shimano 105, 9 speed, triple on my winter bike. I am upgrading to 10 speed
    compact. I have ordered new gear and brake cable. I should have job completed by weekend. I will have the shifters for sale then. I honestly don't know, how much they're worth,let me know, if you're interested. I will also have Shimano 105 triple chainset and BB(octalink) for sale.
    E.

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I have Shimano 105, 9 speed, triple on my winter bike. I am upgrading to 10 speed
    compact. I have ordered new gear and brake cable. I should have job completed by weekend. I will have the shifters for sale then. I honestly don't know, how much they're worth,let me know, if you're interested. I will also have Shimano 105 triple chainset and BB(octalink) for sale.
    E.

Sure, I'm interested. Let me know when you come up with an asking price?

Here's my one time only, special offer.
    I will sell you a lovely 105 black triple LH shifter for 60 of your best euro.
    AND I will throw in free, gratis and for nothing a matching RH shifter, PLUS
    I will include outer and inner cables. I don't know, how useful the cables will be. They'll be used.
    You pay whatever postage costs.
    There are some marks on the shifters, at the top. I would say from rubbing mitts. I"ll put up some photos, when I take them off the bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I will include outer and inner cables. I don't know, how useful the cables will be. They'll be used.
    There are some marks on the shifters, at the top. I would say from rubbing mitts. I"ll put up some photos, when I take them off the bike.

If TheBlaaMan doesn't take them, i will offer asking, after first refusal obviously

Eamonmator.

I'll take you up on that. Thanks !
    PM to follow.

B

Hi TheBlaaMan,
    Looking forward to hearing from you. E. XXX

Hi CramCycle,
    If deal falls through, you have first refusal on same terms. E. XXX

Advertisement