Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meal in city centre

Options
  • 06-01-2013 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

I have a friend coming up from the country to celebrate her 35th birthday. Want to bring her for a meal - can anyone recommend somewhere nice in the city centre? Preferably near the Harcourt Street area.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Help us out here...
    What style of eating - casual? formal?
    Price range?
    Any preference for cuisine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

For casual, good value eats: Neon 17 on Camden St, good asian food, served quick enough, nice atmosphere, always full which is a good sign, great value.

More classy: Diep le Shaker which is about 10 min walk away off Baggot St. Good thai food, bit more expensive but worth it, probably best service have had in Dublin ever.

Another option: Havana on Georges St, Spainish tapas food, nice and casual food, ok but not great value, good cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Green 19 on Camden St., good food, good prices.

Staff a bit snobby from what I remember though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Birneybau wrote: »
    Green 19 on Camden St., good food, good prices.

Staff a bit snobby from what I remember though.

That's my impression of the place too.

One very un-busy lunchtime I was meeting friends there for lunch. Waitress came to take our order and we ordered coffee and said we'd wait for the final member of our party to arrive before ordering our mains. Waitress responded, "It doesn't bother me one way or the other to be honest" and walked off.

Nice food though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Would 2nd Neon or Brasserie 66 on Georges street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Slunk wrote: »
    Would 2nd Neon or Brasserie 66 on Georges street.

I've had a mixed experiance with Brasserie 6. really enjoyed it first time i went, second time it was a like a whole other restaurant, service wasn't as good and the food wasnt great either.

Romano's on Caple Street is really nice, great value and a great atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

For casual I'd reccommend Neon on Camden Street too - delicious, huge portions and great value. If you're looking for something a bit more special Seagrass on Portobello Bridge is great wee spot.

Advertisement