Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help to buy a Weights Bench

Options
  • 06-01-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hello,

I just bought the Marcys weight bench in Elvery's but I find that the stands are to close together so you can't catch the barbell correctly. I am wondering if anyone can give me some advise as what bench I could buy now and probably around the 200 mark, like the one listed below:

(Also I phoned Elverys and they said the fact that I have it set up and used it for one rep they wont accept it back now...I am raging at them as I have purchased many items from them in the past....I would not recomend the Marcy bench to anyone)

http://www.irishsportswarehouse.ie/catalog/weight-benches/ironman-titus-weight-bench?zenid=0a35063d638fa422e09cf5e5965c757e > This is the bench now that I am thinking about buying now but if anyone has other options for me I will gladly listen as i will need to get barbell and dumb-bells etc also (also I am only doing this for a get/stay fit thing as I am tired of going to gym...i dont want to turn into a body builder :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Obsolete01

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Did you not get dimensions before purchasing? I'd do your homework much better before investing in another bench. Ring your local gym, or one you know that has a good bench press and ask them for the dimensions of the width.

Advertisement