Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats going to happen to shopping centre opposite supermacs in athlone

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Rasmus wrote: »
    Eh yeah, but has a diner gone in there?

You mean the one with all the pigeon **** outside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

triskell wrote: »
    You mean the one with all the pigeon **** outside it?

Ha I don't know about the pigeon sht, I just noticed a dinery looking place as I was going into Supermacs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

If anything goes in there it is simply doomed to fail ,

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

galait wrote: »
    If anything goes in there it is simply doomed to fail ,

Not necessarily if a business was to set up that was a draw for people then it would do alright. Maybe the rents might be cheaper there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Rasmus wrote: »
    Is there an American-style diner in there now?

It looks like there has from when I drove past the place

• Advertisement

ifeelill wrote: »
    Not necessarily if a business was to set up that was a draw for people then it would do alright. Maybe the rents might be cheaper there as well
    It's problem is that it is a crap location! Awkward to find and a good distance away from the main town centre and from any local residents.

The "new" town centre shopping centre has made this site unviable unless there are some major urban housing developments in the immediate area that would create local demand for services.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

They should just knock that whole area, turn it into a park or something although that would attract a load of drunks and scumbags across from their usual hangout outside supermacs.

Advertisement