Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get seaweed sheets for sushi?

Options
  • 06-01-2013 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey folks, I got a little brain wave and wnat to try and make sushi for my dinner tomorrow. However I don't really know where to go about getting seaweed sheets. Being from a midland town the only places I can really think of are maybe dunnes or tescos? Anyone know if either of these sell them or somewhere that might...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

they sell them in tesco as well as everything else you need, Tuna, cucumber, fish sticks and kalabassa polish sausage all make it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭octo

Any Asian shops in your town? They always have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭IrishJack89

Cheers for that Chris will check it out tomorrow.

No Asian shops in the town, only chineeses but couldn't be ask them, they could take offence..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No Asian shops in the town, only chineeses but couldn't be ask them, they could take offence..

Good idea, sushi is Japanese, not Chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cheers for that Chris will check it out tomorrow.

But most Chinese shops sell sushi stuff too.

• Advertisement

But most Chinese shops sell sushi stuff too.
    Exactly my point. I really doubt if they'll be offended, and they'll be far cheaper and better quality than Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

octo wrote: »
    Exactly my point. I really doubt if they'll be offended, and they'll be far cheaper and better quality than Tesco.
    He said there was no shops in the then, by chineses, I imagine he meant take aways

Mellor wrote: »
    He said there was no shops in the then, by chineses, I imagine he meant take aways
    Ah yes, I see....

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Tescos sell the sheets of nori, bamboo rolling mats etc. super Quinn in portlaoise has all the stuff cheaper and a premixed rice flavouring. Not sure where you'd get real sashimi though. Hodges & figs near graft on street in Dublin have a very good range of books on making sushi

Advertisement