Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need to be currently in 3rd level education to be eligible for a J1?

Options
  • 06-01-2013 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

A bit confused, I dropped out of college this year and am reapplying to the CAO to start again in college would I be able to attain a J1 or would it be too complicated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

is there any viable alternative to a J1 to some one in my position?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If you want to spend an extended period of time in the US & work there legally, then no there really isn't. Sorry. :(

Other than applying for a green card in the diversity lotto, the only other option for you is to get a job there, and have your employer sponsor you for a visa. As that can cost upwards of $5000, companies won't be willing to do that for foreign workers, unless they have a very highly specialized skill, trade or qualification that is in short supply in the US. If you are a recent college drop out, (no offence) I presume you don't have those.

Advertisement