Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo healing badly.

Options
  • 07-01-2013 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Lads, help please?

Got a tattoo about a week and a half ago (it's in the 'I'll show you mine thread, you've all seen it. :p ).

It's healing really badly. :(

It's all flakey and stuff, which is fine and I expected that.

Over the past few days,though, the ink has faded considerably. ALL of the black ink is grey, some of which is a really light grey, but it's consistent fading, like ALL of the black is faded.

Aside from that, in two parts of the tatt, there's a fairly large lump under the ink.

It's not infected, and I'm following the same healing procedure that I followed with my other tattoos (and all of my other ones healed perfectly).

It's definitely going to need a touch up when it's healed, but even the healing time is really slow, it's healing as though it was only done 3 or 4 days ago!

Any ideas? I can't get a pic at the moment, but will do later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just keep treating it like a fresh tattoo, and try to go see your artist when you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Just keep treating it like a fresh tattoo, and try to go see your artist when you can.

Yup, I'm babying it at the moment, just wondering if there was anything else I should be doing.

I'll go see the artist during the week, can't go before Wednesday unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nope, not much else you can do other than what Damo said. See what your artist says when you talk to him. When I was getting mine done the other day, I asked him about stuff like this and he said it's common for some artists to use the wrong needle and/or not go deep enough and the colours fade too quick. Not saying that's what your guy did, but it's a possibility.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Sounds like the ink just didn't take too well to your skin, maybe the artist didn't go deep enough when they were doing it. Only thing you can do really is heal it up, and go back to your artist for a touch up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ahh, I found I lost a lot of ink on my leg (on my shin area) is that because the skin would be quite thin there? (Making it more difficult to tattoo the ink in deep).

• Advertisement

Ahh, I found I lost a lot of ink on my leg (on my shin area) is that because the skin would be quite thin there? (Making it more difficult to tattoo the ink in deep).

Quite possibly. Makes sense alright.

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about the ink fading too fast, I know I can get that touched up anyway. It's more the fact that there's two big lumps underneath my skin that is annoying me. They're big enough to be easily visible. :(

Ah, well. I'll go back in on Wednesday and what's said. Thanks guys. :)<3

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've got that before too. It's generally just an area that's 'scarring' more than the rest. It'll most likely settle down with time.

I've got that before too. It's generally just an area that's 'scarring' more than the rest. It'll most likely settle down with time.

This ^^^

I had something similar with the Freddy Kreuger tatt. They were like big black scabs, but it was just ink.

Thank you! :) At least now I know it's not hepatitis or something. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Try Baby Lotion.

The lumps could be blocked pores.Something Ive found common with bepanthen if thats what you are using.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Try Baby Lotion.

The lumps could be blocked pores.Something Ive found common with bepanthen if thats what you are using.

Thanks. I stopped using Bepanthen after a few days and used an unscented lotion instead because the Bepanthen was too heavy and it wasn't healing well.

The artist wasn't in today, but I'll pop in again over the weekend and talk to her.

It's getting a lot better. It's healing properly now, but needs a good bit of touching up, most of the black ink in the shading and outline has either disappeared or gone light grey, the colours are fine though. :(

Looks like we'll have to amputate Lyn :(

That's grand, sure I'm left handed anyway and it's on my right arm. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

We can't amputate Lyn. Amputation from boards is strictly a job for the mods.

endacl wrote: »
    We can't amputate Lyn. Amputation from boards is strictly a job for the mods.

I was waiting for that :rolleyes::P

Should have put a comma in before my name, so! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Happy to oblige! Slow day here...

Advertisement