Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anything be done with leftover floorboards?

• 07-01-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have about 20 - some slightly damaged - 8' x 2' T&G chipboard floorboards that are left over after flooring my attic (don't ask!) and I'm wondering if they're good for anything but the scrap heap.

Has anyone got any ideas for something useful that can be made from them?

One of the two rooms in the attic will be used for storage, so I suppose they could be used as shelves, but the shelving frame would need to be made from something else, and that would only account for some of them. I've been advised that making cabinets or the like is a no-no.

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers,
    GY :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Return the un-cut ones, and then make shelves with the bits that are off cuts.

As a last resort offer them for free to someone if they collect them to save on paying for them to be binned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭gaelicyoda

Thanks for the reply Davy - bugger, I was thinking that... but hoping for something I hadn't considered myself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

i burned a few of them I had left over, your not supposed to burn them because of the glue in them or something but they give out great heat so hey!

jameshayes wrote: »
    i burned a few of them I had left over, your not supposed to burn them because of the glue in them or something but they give out great heat so hey!

Cheers James - hopefully a last resort :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Kindling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

Give them to the local karate club.

They'll be returned as kindling :D

deandean wrote: »
    Give them to the local karate club.

They'll be returned as kindling :D

Hahaha... minimal effort on my part - I like it! :D

Advertisement