Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a purse with a sum of money in it outside Spar beside the Property Registration

Options
  • 07-01-2013 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭

Authority on the Cork Road this evening at about 8pm.

Drop me a line describing what it looked like and how much money was in it and I'll get it back to you.

If purse ain't claimed within two weeks the money inside will benefit a local charity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

I'll say it's a blue purse with €49.99, did I win? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

It might be worth getting it announced on wlr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Authority on the Cork Road this evening at about 8pm.

Drop me a line describing what it looked like and how much money was in it and I'll get it back to you.

If purse ain't claimed within two weeks the money inside will benefit a local charity.

Fair Play - Not a lot of people would go to the bother to try return it and just pocket it. Karma is a great thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Fair Play - Not a lot of people would go to the bother to try return it and just pocket it. Karma is a great thing ;)

Actually you would be surprised how many people are quite honest and would hand things in.

My mother lost her purse and my sister lost hers twice. Each time handed in. I misplaced my wallet, that was handed in. All money, cards etc intact in each case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Let the guards know, person who lost it will probably report it to them in the hope someone hands it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

I would suggest that you let the people in the Spar shop know, incase the person comes back asking, is their a name in the purse if so, maybe go the cards and if there is a PPSN they might be able to get the purse to the rightful owner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Actually you would be surprised how many people are quite honest and would hand things in.

My mother lost her purse and my sister lost hers twice. Each time handed in. I misplaced my wallet, that was handed in. All money, cards etc intact in each case.

I would say they just got really lucky - This day and age I wouldn´t expect much out of it most of the time.

P.S. Your sister lost hers twice? Down to Morrises with yourself and buy the poor girl a chain and padlock so she can chain it to herself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I would say they just got really lucky - This day and age I wouldn´t expect much out of it most of the time.

Maybe times have changed what with the recession and job losses but a lot of people are still honest.
    P.S. Your sister lost hers twice? Down to Morrises with yourself and buy the poor girl a chain and padlock so she can chain it to herself :)

She's always losing things, car keys, mobile phone etc she'd lose her head if it wasn't screwed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

You's be surprised how many people hand in lost goods to the gardai, its where most people look for their lost purses or lost anything else, your not really giving them a fair chance to get it back if you don't.

You shouldn't really give away to charity when its not yours to give, even though your intentions are obviously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

You's be surprised how many people hand in lost goods to the gardai, its where most people look for their lost purses or lost anything else, your not really giving them a fair chance to get it back if you don't.

You shouldn't really give away to charity when its not yours to give, even though your intentions are obviously good.

He's right. Failure to hand it in to the gardai and it's technically theft no matter who you give it to. If they don't claim it then it becomes yours and you can give to whomever you please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

EH, you do know this is just a joke right? Who would post that they found a purse on the street on an internet forum, just on the off chance that the person who lost it may be browsing the Waterford city section of an internet forum, of the thousands of people who probably pass through that area every day...it just doesnt make sense.

OP, if you are genuine, just hand it in to the Guards instead of trying to fool people on a Thursday evening :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

EH, you do know this is just a joke right? Who would post that they found a purse on the street on an internet forum, just on the off chance that the person who lost it may be browsing the Waterford city section of an internet forum, of the thousands of people who probably pass through that area every day...it just doesnt make sense.

OP, if you are genuine, just hand it in to the Guards instead of trying to fool people on a Thursday evening :rolleyes:

I posted a thread about a camera that my uncle found and got it back to its owner because of the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

hand into the guards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Go away troll - the post seems genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I can assure you it's genuine. It wouldn't even enter my mind to make something like this up, you might look at the reasons as to why it would enter yours.

I posted here first as it was the easiest thing to do, I hung around the shop when I found it actually asking a few people had they dropped a purse. After a few very odd looks I left after thinking this forum might help me return to owner. I didn't leave it in the shop as I thought that reduced the odds of getting it back to rightful owner.

I will contact Gardaí tomorrow (you can check if I do if you like).

The purse is small, there is nothing in it but cash so no clues as to who might own it. I've no interest in gaining from this thus I will be donating it to charity if I can't get the owner... if some folk see that as theft then there's nothing I can do about it.

Advertisement