Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Moy

Options
  • 07-01-2013 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

anybody know how the moy fishes in February/March. Ive never fished it this early myself. Ive tried googling it, but can only find reports from mid to late season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

The upper stretches of the moy [ from foxford upwards and the east mayo section ] usually fish the best from about march till may for springers. The springers usually travel straight through the lower sections of the river and have a tendensy to lie in the shallower waters of these stretches of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Creteboom1

Fishing on the Moy begins Feb 1st, but nothing much happenin' til about april/May. You could be lucky, there was a nice run of spring salmon the past coupole of years, with the bulk of these caught on the upper stretches around the east mayo area. Worming is the most popular, some spinning, depending on water levels. It could be well into March before the 1st salmon is caught in the Ballina area, again water levels & temp tend to dictate. Best of luck if your givin' it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 trout fisherman 918

your best bet would be foxford around that time of the season.i would use the prawn myself for fishing the moy that early but i have seen plenty of fellas catching fish on the worm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

dvae wrote: »
    anybody know how the moy fishes in February/March. Ive never fished it this early myself. Ive tried googling it, but can only find reports from mid to late season.

Keep an eye on this new website http://moyfisher.wordpress.com/
    It will have daily updates from about march onwards when the fishing gets lively!

Advertisement