Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aviva car insurance

Options
  • 07-01-2013 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Thinking about getting the aviva 6 months free car insurance when you purchase a pack of 10 or more lessons. Does anyone have any info good or bad about it ? i know it says accompanied insurance but is it not the same as any other insurance for a learner i.e its against the law to drive unaccompanied but you will still be insured if you have an accident

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

mechcar wrote: »
    Thinking about getting the aviva 6 months free car insurance when you purchase a pack of 10 or more lessons. Does anyone have any info good or bad about it ? i know it says accompanied insurance but is it not the same as any other insurance for a learner i.e its against the law to drive unaccompanied but you will still be insured if you have an accident

It's accompanied driver insurance. If you were driving on your own, you could be prosecuted for no insurance as its specifically set out in the policy. Its not the same as normal insurance, the policy also states that you will only be covered if accompanied by

A)The policy holder
    B)A named driver on the policy
    C)An Advanced Driving Instructor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

MarkMc wrote: »
    It's accompanied driver insurance. If you were driving on your own, you could be prosecuted for no insurance as its specifically set out in the policy. Its not the same as normal insurance, the policy also states that you will only be covered if accompanied by

A)The policy holder
    B)A named driver on the policy
    C)An Advanced Driving Instructor

That looks a bit odd. Wouldn't the Policy Holder actually be the learner?

I am referring to stipulation (A)

Nope, the 6 months free insurance isn't actually a full policy. Its allowing the learner to add their name to an existing policy for no additional charge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

MarkMc wrote: »
    Nope, the 6 months free insurance isn't actually a full policy. Its allowing the learner to add their name to an existing policy for no additional charge

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

No bother. Its quite handy. I had it a few years ago, Now my brothers a named driver on my policy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement