Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lollie1234

Detailed questions on examcraft business paper please? Searched the thread and there is very little specifics for examcraft paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Booshmallow

Stupid question but our Irish paper one was from examcraft, does this mean that paper two will be from examcraft aswell or is there a chance it could be from deb?

It'll be the same company as paper 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 2013 LC student

It'll be the same company as paper 1 :)

Good stuff! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

soupdvd wrote: »
    hi would anyone be able to tell me what's on the examcraft french,home ec and biology. all higher level! :D would really appricate it (all higher level):confused:

French:
    Find adverb.
    Journal on being angry with parents over lack of freedom.
    Reaction to drugs.
    Whats the future of the irish education system like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carey5194

Searched the whole thread but i cant find anything on Examcraft Higher Level Paper 2 , THE GAFA QUESTION . Any help would be much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 allieobrien

Had maths hl paper 1 exam craft today if anyone needs help :) would appreciate if anyone has paper 2 hints ?:)

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    What can I expect on the engineering paper for HL. I assume it will be from DEBS but anything from ExamCraft would be useful too.

Engineering Examcraft HL:

It was handy anough , short question were grand
    ( inventor was james dyson ) For the stirling engine know its faults , how it works , adv , dis adv , modern uses and explain its 3 main parts . Question 2 was ok , had to draw a graph and describe ultrasonic and brineel test. Question 4 draw a graph , describe difference betwenn fcc and bcc . ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

carey5194 wrote: »
    Engineering Examcraft HL

Ah cheers. What about
    plastics? I assume the the three main parts on the Stirling is displacer, flywheel and the piston? What welding processes came up?

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Ah cheers. What about plastics? I assume the the three main parts on the Stirling is displacer, flywheel and the piston? What welding processes came up?

Engineering Examcraft HL:
    The regenerator instead of the flywheel

For welding Mig came up and Saw . Short questions were on the mma welding circuit , safety features in oxyacetylene welding and dissolved acetylene

In plastics you have to describe the addition polymerisation process , describe and label the extrusion machine for plastics , in short questions describe a grp , transfer moulding , laminate and polymer filler materials .

You should do que 8 aswell its common sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Janedoyle

Irish:

Not sure what papers we have . The Irish essay was ,
    eisimerice.
    It has O2 and bar code on top right paper is yellow.
    <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Cait Doyle

irish HL DEB:
    geibheann, caca millis, aiste = foreigean

For geibheann and caca milis what were the questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mscool

yournerd wrote: »
    Gafa anyone i mean hahaha :) Examcraft paper 2?

Irish Examcraft:
    Tugtar léiriú géar dúinn ar an tionchar a bhíonn ag drugaí ar phearsantacht agus ar iompar Eoin sa sliocht seo as 'Gafa'. Déan plé ar an ráiteas sin.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Home Ec DEB HL:
    Short Questions:
    1. Three properties of Thiamine
    2. Amino Acid structure (diagram)
    3. 3 Biological functions of water
    4. Label a diagram of meat (fat, meat fibre, connective tissue)
    5. 2 Functions of An Bord Bia
    6. Working principal of a food processor
    7. Difference between a clear soup and a broth
    8. Give an example of the micro-organism used in the production of: bread, cheese and yogurt
    9. List 3 non-statutory deductions from an employee's wage.
    10. It was something about 2 effects of mismanagement on the environment
    11. How to reduce mismanagement on environment
    Can't remember the last one but you only need 10!

LONG Q's:
    1. (a) was a table on different breakfast cereals and you had to compare them and evaluate their contribution to the diet
    (b) the nutrient was lipids! you had to give an account of it and refer to chemical structure, biological functions, and cis and trans fatty acids.
    (c) sat fats in the diet
    (d) how malnutrition is common in the irish diet

Q2. Define osteoporosis, risk factors, symptoms, how to prevent it and a day meal plan for someone with it

Q5. Define a marriage and give two cultural variations (locality and number of partners is what i gave)
    you had to list the rules for getting married (24 marks!) like have to be 18, not married already, 3 months notice etc
    and the last part was about a divorce mediation service and what their function was to the family

We haven't done the elective yet so unfortunately that's all I can give! I'm pretty sure the elective was posted in the forum before though!

Good luck :p

Biology Examcraft HL:

Short Questions:
    Q1 was mostly on Lipids. Q2, I don’t really remember. You had to name a cell organelle and stuff, skipped it! Another question was about Homeostasis and be able to say why Homestasis is important to animals. Q4. Was a diagram of a Synovial Joint, you had to give an example of one and its location in the body and be able to label where the Cartilage is. Q5 was on Plant Growth Regulators, give an example of an Auxin e.g IAA. and name a Synthetic (Man-Made) one and say where Auxins are made. Oh and there was a question or part of a question about Diffusion and define what is a passive process is.

Long Questions For the Ecology question, Part (A) be able to define Parasitism, Symbiosis. Part (B) You have to name a habitat you studied, name an organism in that habitat and be able to define Niche, Habitat, Abiotic Factors and draw a Food Chain! Part (C) be able to definr Nitrifcation and Denitrification. What is a product of Nitrogen Fixation. You need to know about the Nitrogen Cycle AND The Carbon Cycle – they asked about something to do with Carbon Dioxide and Combustion.

For the Plant Reproduction question, Part (A) was about Vegetative Propogation. Name two methods of Artifical Propogation. Part (B) You have to be define Fertilisation and Pollination, and what is the difference between Self-Pollination and Cross-Pollination. You need to talk about how the Megaspore Mother Cell forms. Part (C) was about the Seed and advantages of Dormancy. Name the hard protective coat of a Seed, and know which of the Radicle/Plumule forms the root+shoot.

Respiration was about the 1st Stage and Talk about the Electron Transfer thing and how it works. This question was kind of specific so know Respiration well!

The Eye came up in one of the choice Long Q’s. You were given the diagram and had to label the Cornea and something else. You have to say what a Blind-Spot is, and give the function of the Choroid in the eye. Explain how an eye maintains its shape.

Another choice Q was on the Transpiration. Define Transpiration, know how Water is absorbed into the roots. Draw a TS of a root and label Phloem and Xylem. Explain what is meant by Root Pressure and explain how Water moves up the root/tree without breaking – Cohesion, I think. Know the functions of Companion Cells and Sieve, too.

Another was on the Myelin Sheath and where it is produced. Also you have to name a disorder in the Nervous system and name a treatment and cause for the disorder.

Experiments were on the Alcohol + Yeast experiment, the Light Intensity experiment (Photosynthesis), the Leaf Agar experiment and Enzymes.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

marky1994 wrote: »
    any 1 have a link to DEB biology HL??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83019383

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mizzsparkle44

this website is good and easy to use http://j7a2m9e5s.wordpress.com/2013/02/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 HeadDead

Just sat physics higher level deb today! Can give someone all the questions if they need it just pm me!

All done! I'm assuming most schools are finished now but anyways, if you want any detailed HL Debs Papers posted let me know, I've got them all here.

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    i haven't started yet! :P can you post the full french one please?

French DEB HL:

Oh no really? Yep :) Nice enough paper!
    Aural: (this wasn't too nice!)
    First conversation was about laws on alcohol. (According to our teacher, it wasn't too easy.)
    Second one was a boy and a girl talking about their jobs. (Grand!) He worked in a supermarket in a campsite.
    Third one was a doctor's opinions on stress on students coming up to exam time. (Grand aswel!)
    The first 2 news items were awful. I still don't know what happened in the first one, second one was a policewoman who was hit by a car, third one was a man who fell asleep with a cigarette in his hand and the house was set on fire.
    Comprehension: The first one was on young homeless people. Velodia had a tough life and based on her aspirations and dreams for the future. Verb = Imperatif as far as I know. It was an easy enough verb anyway.
    The second one in my opinion was easier, about a girl who just got back her school report, did well, average enough in English so her parents are sending her to London to learn the language and she really doesn't want to go. Easy enough verb too.
    Q1: (Compulsary) Write about if you think dreams are important in life OR Write about a time where (something about fruits of your labour), basically I think its your dreams, didn't work out. First one is much easier.
    Q2: Obesity question 'Where the epidemic came from, why, who is most effected?' Write your thoughts OR A question on unemployment.
    Q3: Write that you want to take a year out to go travelling as a diary entry OR You have to write a letter to your friend. I'm not too sure of this one because this is the question I left out.
    Q4: Statistic that over 40% of young people watch too much tv, so just write about your thoughts on that, why it is, the effects, or whatever OR There was a picture of a polluted beach and it was to do with fishing and pollution. If you're doing the beach one make sure to include your thoughts on the picture.

Think thats pretty much it.

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cait Doyle

lollie1234 wrote: »

Thank you for this! Just wondering was there a ratio on the short questions? Maybe q5 just noticed it wasnt there?

Business DEB:
    No ratio, it was matching up but you only do 8 questions anyway

• Advertisement

Cait Doyle wrote: »
    Business DEB:
    No ratio, it was matching up but you only do 8 questions anyway

Business:
    Thank you, I must have the examcraft paper so ):
    My short qs are meant to have a ratio, functional structure and intrapreneurship :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Felt I should repay the favor seeing as I stole a few tips from here...I don't know how many of you are just starting your pres though! So hope this is of help to someone!

Biology DEB HL

Short questions:

There was a question on the nervous system, it was a reflex action diagram and you had to label the neurons. And say what it was called and know how to recognize a synapse (they asked you how many synapses were in the diagram....I think there was two) and you had to say what a neurotransmitter is too. Then there was another question on DNA...differences between RNA and DNA besides Uracil/Thymine...then they had a base sequence that was transcribed onto DNA like AGCTA - something like that anyway and you had to give the complementary bases on DNA. Another was on ecology, something about pyramid numbers...and drawing it. Can't really remember anything else about the shorts!

Section 2: the experiments were photosynthesis, and immobilization of an enzyme. Easy enough, just study them and you should be covered. Basic questions like why did you use elodea? Oh, be able to say what factor you kept constant (in photosynthesis) OTHER THAN carbon dioxide And light, and be able to draw the graph/label axes. You have to draw a diagram of the testing of the immobilized enzyme too.

Section 3: first question was on plant reproduction. Know what pollination is, and difference between cross and self pollination. Know how the pollen grain and embryo sac form from the micro spore and megaspore mother cells. There was an ecology question based on comprehension, know what conservation and pollution are and give example of pollution and its effects. There was something about trophic levels too. There was also a question on skeleton and female reproduction system....know how bones from in detail, know a cause and treatment for arthritis. Be able to draw female system, And know the events leading from fertilization to implantation. Know roles of oestrogen and progesterone in the menstrual cycle. The genetics question had a cross which was simple, you had to know definition of evolution, and a scientist associated with natural selection, example of variation in humans, what is variation? What is mutation? Give an example.

That's all I can remember for biology! Hope it helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Booshmallow

Business please?

Its basicaly the whole deb paper with out the actual ABQ and figuers for ratios :)
    Short Q's
    1. Illustrate your understanding of limited
    liability
    2. Distinguish between P21 and P60
    3. Difference
    between average clause and insurable interest
    4. Distinguish between
    Rights commissioner and Data Protection Commissioner
    6. Define
    Indigenous firm and give 2 benefits to the Irish economy
    7. Draft and
    label a functional organisation chart for short to medium-sized business.
    Outline two benefits of this organisation structure.
    8. Define
    intrapreneurship and give two benefits to a business.
    9. Distinguish
    between capacity to contract and consideration
    10. Illustrate your
    understanding of invisible exports with reference to the irish economy +
    calculate Balance of Trade and Balance of
    Payments

ABQ

(A) Evaluate how the elements of the
    marketing mix have contributed to the success of Emerald Foods
    Ltd.
    (B)(i) Explain the term "business ethics".
    (ii) Discuss
    the social responsibilites of Emerald Foods Ltd.
    (C) Outline challenges
    and opportunities that Emerald Foods Ltd faces while expanding into the global
    marketplace.

Long Questions
    Part 1

Q1. (A)
    Outline, using examples, the role of interest groups in the business
    world.
    (B)i) Describe the rights of consumers under the terms of the
    Sale of Goods & Supply of Services Act 1980
    (ii) Outline two forms
    of redress
    C)i) Explain employment discrimination as set out in
    Employment Equality Act 1998
    (ii) Evaluate the effectiveness of the act
    in protecting against discrimination in the workplace

Q2.(A)
    Discuss the benefits and risks of the privatisation of commercial state
    enterprises.
    (B) Discuss how the Irish govt. could encourage enterprise
    and employment growth in Ireland.
    (C) Describe the steps involved in
    the formation of a Private Limited Company

3.)(A)i) Explain the
    term open economy in relation to Ireland.
    (ii) Describe the
    opportunities for Irish business in the EU marketplace
    (B) Outline the
    benefits of membership of the euro currency for Ireland.
    (C) Evaluate
    two of the following:
    Common Fisheries Policy
    Competition
    Policy
    Common Agricultural Policy

Part 2
    Q4.)(A)
    Outline two types of management control that are essential for a business to
    operate effectively.
    (B) Outline the strtegies that a business can use
    to successfully manage change.
    (C) Discuss the importance of effective
    communication between key stakeholders in a business, providing
    examples.

Q5.)(A) Discuss functions of Human resource manager under
    the following headlings:
    Performance appraisal
    Training and
    development
    Recruitment selection
    (B) Describe the benefits to
    a business of adopting a Theory Y apporach to managing.
    (C)(i)
    Calculate:
    Return on investment
    Current ratio
    Acid
    test ratio
    Debt/Equity ratio
    (ii) Analyse the significant
    trends over past two years for Investors and
    Suppliers

Q6.(A)Discuss the benefits and risks for Peter of joining
    a franchise chain.
    (B) Discuss the factors that should be considered by
    the bank before approving a business loan.
    (C) Outline 4 important
    developments in ICT that have impacted on business.

Q7.(A) Evaluate
    the importance of market research when launching a product.
    (B) As part
    of its feasibility study for the new product illustrate by means of a break even
    chart the following:
    Break even point
    Profit at forecast
    output
    Margin of Safety at forecast output
    (C) Compare equity
    capital and debt capital as sources of finance for a business expansion.

marky1994 wrote: »
    Geography DEB HL?
    mwalsh015 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Debs HL Geography spoilers please?

Geography Deb HL.
    Short Q's:
    Identify 4 features of a river & state whether they are erosion or deposition.
    Ordance survey map & ariel photo, know how to identify erosion & deposition features from the map.
    Weather.
    Identify 4 different kind of rocks from the pictures & state how they were formed.
    Know the compass & the points on the compass.
    2 graph questions.

Physical Geography:
    O1: Draw a sketch map from the ordnance survey map.
    Karst landscape & it's features.
    Plate movement & formation of fold mountains.

Q2: Coastal features from picture.
    Formation of two igneous rocks.
    Earthquakes & their effects.

Q3: Diagram of two plates colliding resulting in volcano, you just have to answer questions on the picture.
    Talk about the formation of a landform of erosion eg. Waterfall
    Positive & negative impacts of one human interaction with the rock cycle.

Regional Geography:
    Q1: Graph on unemployment & questions.
    Manufacturing of BMW & GDA.
    Population distribution in a European region.

Q2: Draw a map of Ireland & on it put a tourist attraction, road network, physical feature, an urban area & there is one more, can't remember the name but I think it was the BMW area.
    Tertiary activities in sub-contential region.
    2 human factors that define a region.

Q3: Irish farm size
    Impact of EU enlargement on Ireland.
    Development of an urban area in sub-continental region.

Elective:
    Q1: There was a bathing water graph & you had to answer questions on it.
    Choose a site on the ordnance survey map for an outdoor adventure centre & say why you chose this site.
    How a European policy has helped Ireland.

Q2: Draw a copy of the sketch map.
    A question on the effects of non renewable energy.
    Discuss the effects of colonialism on a country you have studied.

Q3. Unsure.
    Write about an MNC you have studied.
    Discuss finance or tourism in a country you have studied.

Q4: Fertility in Ireland.
    Historic settlement.
    Pop density & distribution.

Q5: Historic map (draw a sketch map.)
    Burgess theory.
    Overpopulation.

Q6: Given information & you had to draw a graph.
    Why a town developed at a specific location.
    Urbanisation in Sao Paulo.

Geoecology:
    How climate effects 3 aspects of a biome you have studied.
    Soil processes.

Global Independence:
    Examine the causes & impacts of one global environmental issue studied by you.

Btw, the map was a map of Killaloe.

Hope this helps!

Cait Doyle wrote: »
    Could I get those spoilers off you please aswell
    study13 wrote: »
    can anyone give me the exact spoiler for economics exam craft and debs as i want both paper to practice please and thank you

HL Debs Economics.
    Short Q's: 3 functions of the NTMA.
    Label & describe the LR Imperfect Completion Curve.
    Define Nationalisation & give an advantage & disadvantage of it.
    Calculate CPI.
    The importance of entrepreneurship in the economy.
    Define direct taxes & give 2 advantages of increasing rates of direct taxes.
    Calculate Marginal Utility. Exceptions to the Law of Marginal Utility.
    The contribution of monetarist economists.
    The relationship between average costs & marginal costs.

Long Q's:
    Q1: Definition of Law of Demand & give 3 exceptions to the law. The difference between a movement & a shift along the demand curve. Define effective demand, composite demand & derived demand. Calculate marginal utility. Give the assumptions & exceptions of marginal utility.
    Q2: Draw & describe an LR Monopoly Curve. 3 assumptions of monopoly. 2 sources of monopoly power. 3 means for a monopoly firm to achieve greater productivity. 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of monopoly.
    Q3: YED & PED. Why YED can be negative. Know normal & inferior goods. Why knowledge of elasticity is useful.
    Q4: MEC. Know Keynes theory.
    Q5: International trade. Consequences of the fall in the euro. What affects the exchange rate. The increase of exports affect on imports & borrowing.
    Q6: What is an open & closed economy. What is consumption & what influences it. Define GDP at market price & GNP and factor cost. State whether GNP is greater than, equal to or less than GDP. The effect the increase of VAT & increase of subsidies to farmers would have on GNP.
    Q7: Define mixed economy. How the government intervenes on the economy. 2 advantages & 2 disadvantages of government intervention. 2 reasons for state borrowing. 2 advantages & 2 disadvantages of incurring Irish debt. Is the new property tax in July 2013 progressive or regressive. One advantage & one disadvantage of the new property tax.
    Q8: How to reduce the budget deficit. The effects of your choices. Define birth rate. 3 economic implications of the population change. 2 social costs & 2 benefits of improved infrastructure. 2 areas of infrastructure that that government need to improve.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

study13 wrote: »
    hey can someone please give me a detailed hl chemistry debs paper please and thank u :D

It was posted a while back http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83278269

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tommullane

Here is what is on a few pres I did

Accounting Examcraft HL
    Section 2-
    • Clubs - includes equipment grant
    • Tabs
    • Incomplete - forward way
    Section 3
    • Marginal Costing
    • Production Budgeting

Business Examcraft HL
    Dont remember much but ill try jog memory
    short questions- average clause and its principle (indemnity) debt/equity, indigenous firm
    long questions- sales of good supply of services, data protection, interest groups in eu,social charter, franchise , control (stock and credit), type of taxes in business and effects, social resposibilities to stakeholders, S.E.M and thats all i remember
    ABQ- marketing mix, implications of global business on local and national economy

Physics Examcraft HL
    Experiment questions- SHC of a liquid, Coplaner forces, I and V in semiconductor (unsure if thats right) and monochromatic Light

Section b- tough simple harmonic motion question, question on uv light with photoelectrice effect, electomagnetic induction with lenzs law, questions 5 had refractive index critical angle archeimedes principle forget the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tommullane

Just wondering for business could you tell me if
    a ratio, intrapreneurship and a organisational structure came up in the short questions
    ? Are mock is meant to have them and trying to find out what company i have. Thanks
    there was an analysing of debt equit ratio and intreprenuership on it. There was no orgaisational structure afaik but there is is in the long questions

mattyc34 wrote: »
    Could anyone give me the geography higherlevel debs papers thanks ? :)

I only just posted this today!

Geography Deb HL.
    Short Q's:
    Identify 4 features of a river & state whether they are erosion or deposition.
    Ordance survey map & ariel photo, know how to identify erosion & deposition features from the map.
    Weather.
    Identify 4 different kind of rocks from the pictures & state how they were formed.
    Know the compass & the points on the compass.
    2 graph questions.

Physical Geography:
    O1: Draw a sketch map from the ordnance survey map.
    Karst landscape & it's features.
    Plate movement & formation of fold mountains.

Q2: Coastal features from picture.
    Formation of two igneous rocks.
    Earthquakes & their effects.

Q3: Diagram of two plates colliding resulting in volcano, you just have to answer questions on the picture.
    Talk about the formation of a landform of erosion eg. Waterfall
    Positive & negative impacts of one human interaction with the rock cycle.

Regional Geography:
    Q1: Graph on unemployment & questions.
    Manufacturing of BMW & GDA.
    Population distribution in a European region.

Q2: Draw a map of Ireland & on it put a tourist attraction, road network, physical feature, an urban area & there is one more, can't remember the name but I think it was the BMW area.
    Tertiary activities in sub-contential region.
    2 human factors that define a region.

Q3: Irish farm size
    Impact of EU enlargement on Ireland.
    Development of an urban area in sub-continental region.

Elective:
    Q1: There was a bathing water graph & you had to answer questions on it.
    Choose a site on the ordnance survey map for an outdoor adventure centre & say why you chose this site.
    How a European policy has helped Ireland.

Q2: Draw a copy of the sketch map.
    A question on the effects of non renewable energy.
    Discuss the effects of colonialism on a country you have studied.

Q3. Unsure.
    Write about an MNC you have studied.
    Discuss finance or tourism in a country you have studied.

Q4: Fertility in Ireland.
    Historic settlement.
    Pop density & distribution.

Q5: Historic map (draw a sketch map.)
    Burgess theory.
    Overpopulation.

Q6: Given information & you had to draw a graph.
    Why a town developed at a specific location.
    Urbanisation in Sao Paulo.

Geoecology:
    How climate effects 3 aspects of a biome you have studied.
    Soil processes.

Global Independence:
    Examine the causes & impacts of one global environmental issue studied by you.

Btw, the map was a map of Killaloe.

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 PaulR666

HL Music Exam Craft

here's question 1 for listening :
    Gerald Barry. know your c sections
    compositions and harmony :
    both minor, i know not very specific but i can't remember the exact keys
    I hope this was in some way helpful to anyone, I wish I knew my sections for
    Barry
    . :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement