Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop purchase

Options
  • 07-01-2013 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭

Hi I am looking for advice please.

My previous personal laptop packed up a few months ago.

I have been surviving with my Asus Note book and an Apple Ipad

Enjoying music, I am anxious to convert my tapes and vinyls to Ipod.

I have already copied my CDs to Ipod.and thankfully backed in up to an external Drive before laptop gave up.

In addition I have purchased the necessary turntable for vinyl conversion, together with converter for tapes to Ipod. Finally I bought the necessary equipment to convert VHS to CD format.

What I am wondering is, should I continue down the route of a Windows based laptop, or desktop. If so what do you recommend, and what is the best price?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If you want to go for a desktop a self build is the way to go. Desktops will of course offer better bang for buck whereas Laptops will be less powerful generally but more portable. It really depends on what you require. Recording video/Audio and conversion are CPU intensive tasks, so a decent Core i5 desktop quad core will be quick for these kind of tasks.

Nick

Advertisement