Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible litigations posts and what to actions to take

Options
  • 07-01-2013 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭

Is it fair to say if I as a poster see a post, especially containing a video link (e.g gardener st leave it out fight) I am to report it now to the mods the basis of a potential legal action against boards.ie?

I understand where the company is coming from in that they can't afford to be sued and if they are could potentially end up going bust, which would be a loss to all who post here.

However double standards shouldn't exist on the modding if the site, which I believe has annoyed a lot of posters who quite rightly post what would have happened to threads if this person was from a different socio-economic background?

Are there certain people who we are allowed post about such as our darling Taoiseach?

And apologies for making two posts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Anything that is of concern should be reported to the Mods. Even if think it only *might* be problematic, it's worth flagging it for their attention.

It may not be an issue. It may be an issue, which then they can seek guidance on from the CMods/Admin/Boards.ie office team. You can disagree with their assesment - that's why we have CMods, who are generally an approachable, agreeable level-headed sort who will look at things with another pair of eyes.

One persons's "double-standards" is another's "one size fits all doesn't work in this situation". Moderation is a liquid entity. It changes from minute to minute, week to week and year to year depending on what is occuring around it. You can't have a cookie cutter approach, because life isn't made of identical happenings which neatly fits models at all times. We've long accepted we can't be everything to all people, and we're not going to start trying. There simply is no way to make everyone happy with every decision made.

It's that (not) simple.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement