Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to start business - no money!

Options
  • 07-01-2013 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I used to co-direct a construction co with a partner for years. I did all the admin and he did the physical and sales. It was boom time and the business was thriving but eventually went belly up.

I've been getting 3/6/9 mth contracts in admin posts for past few yrs and sick to death of it. I'm very ambitious and would love to be my own boss again. I've been out of work since Nov '12 and having worked damn hard since I was 15 yrs old (I'm now 33) I'm tearing my hair out having to apply for jobs in the area my skills lie, admin/secretarial/receptionist for €10 per hr before tax! I've applied for a huge amount of jobs hearing little or nothing back.

I've had a few ideas like Irish Food Hampers (eg taytos, cadbury's etc) to ship abroad or occassion hampers and about a million other ideas but I have zero money. I have a clean credit record, €2000 in savings and get €188 in the dole every week (and glad of it)

Any ideas on how to get started with little or nothing??

All job offers seriously considered also!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mcnamaj

Have you tried applying for government grants for new SMEs- I heard its possible to get up to 75k for start up business. Or if your business plan is good enough try the bank- they have to give money to make money after all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Mcnamaj wrote: »
    Have you tried applying for government grants for new SMEs- I heard its possible to get up to 75k for start up business. Or if your business plan is good enough try the bank- they have to give money to make money after all!

Try advertising for investment or credit union loan. Maybe if your desperate try dragons den

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Pick your idea and put together a business plan.that will show you how much cash up front you need and the potential profits.also include a cash flow plan for the first year. Once you know exactly how much cash you need you can then start to look for ways of coming up with the money.You would be surprised how much time and effort have to go into a new business before your ready to start spending and taking in money .

Advertisement