Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fossil men's watch

• 07-01-2013 3:32am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/mens-fossil-self-charging-watch/2330861
    Ok i bought this watch and for some reason it does not seem to work
    It is said to be solar powered-self charging.
    But the only thing that moves is the bottom left and centre hand.
    Weird.
    Went into shop and they said to open it.
    Could not be arsed any ideas ??
    (P.S)Please do not say ask the person you bought it off because i already did and If i get it somehow working I do not want to return it so I will see if there is anyone who can give me the cause or method to fix
    I tried ti carry it around times outside but no good still same

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Be arsed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Havent the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

No its because if I open it i might as well put it in the dump as I might break it with all the springs bouncing around and please any help no jokes

Fossil Metal Dress Twist Gunmetal Dial ME1014 Watch For Men
    This is the watch name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

AH's isn't the best place to ask these questions, try this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1175

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I suggest inserting it into your rectum.

The regenerative powers of the lower intestines will slowly repair the watch, akin to nanobots from science fiction literature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Dermighty wrote: »

The regenerative powers of the lower intestines will slowly repair the watch, akin to nanobots from science fiction literature.
    Ya I completely forgot about that, that's an obvious thing to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Fire, lots of fire, light the watch on fire, fire makes all the pain go away, fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

How does a solar powered watch work when most of the time it's underneath your sleeve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Seriously, have you tried pushing the crown in fully. You're probably in chronograph setting.

User guide for fossil watches.
    http://www.fossil.com/wcsstore/CommonFossil/attachments/watch_instructions/Fossil_Watch_Instructions_ENG_UK.pdf

Is the anus any better no

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

You cannot turn it off or on
    Fossil Metal Dress Twist Gunmetal Dial ME1014 Watch For Men
    tHIS IS THE MODEL

Seriously, have you tried pushing the crown in fully. You're probably in chronograph setting.

http://www.fossil.com/wcsstore/CommonFossil/attachments/watch_instructions/Fossil_Watch_Instructions_ENG_UK.pdf

Crown??
    What crown??
    Chronograph Setting>>>???
    There is no button on it apart from the date on from what I can see

Do i go on the automatic one and is there any way you can break it down into simpler words for me thanks

It says to position 1
    what does that mean

Send them an email or something.

I had probably done the winding management wrong say if i print it out-the winding managment and bring to jewellers
    WILL HE DO FOR FREE, I MEAN HEY ITS ONLY GOING TO TAKE 1 MINUTE FROM WHAT I CAN READ 2 STEPS

I genuinely don't care.

Best of luck though.

• Advertisement

You should change your name to flava flav though, that would be gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ask the Old Grandfather Clock, he's the elder of the timepieces, he'll know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

It says to position 1
    what does that mean

:rolleyes: Really? REALLY? Push the crown back in all the way, it's fairly straight forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd have sent it back for not being made out of prettified ancient creatures.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    AH's isn't the best place to ask these questions, try this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1175

Sshhhh!!!!!!

I want to see how many times one poster can reply to their own thread!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

This is the only AH thread thats gotten a smirk out of me today.
    I'm broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Mama always said stuff like this happens when you get them from the lucky lucky men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mama always said stuff like this happens when you get them from the lucky lucky men.

If the wood isnt paid for the door will squeak. Or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Thinly veiled 'check out my new watch thread'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Plazaman wrote: »
    The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

no wonder the solar charging doesnt work

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That is the unhappiest looking watch I've ever seen. Maybe try telling it a few jokes, or give it a few compliments, anything to cheer it up a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

The crushing walls of the powerful sphincter would surely destroy a mans timepiece.... or would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

stevenmu wrote: »
    That is the unhappiest looking watch I've ever seen. Maybe try telling it a few jokes, or give it a few compliments, anything to cheer it up a little.

It's not unhappy just because it has frown does not mean its unhappy
    Its the design you know :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Maybe, but I bet you can't un-see it now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

stevenmu wrote: »

Saw the exact same thing.

"Hey watch, why the sad face?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

It's all squeezed up at the top. Daliesque,even.

Ok guys thanks for help its all problem solved now nice lady offered 5E to get battery changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Ok guys thanks for help its all problem solved now nice lady offered 5E to get battery changed

Is that what they call it now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement