Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torrent Program on a Network Drive

Options
  • 07-01-2013 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭

I usually use the torrent program on my computer but since ill be getting a network drive, I thought it be interesting to know what are the positives of having a torrent program on the Network Drive?

Is it just less hassle of moving files from computer to Network drive?

Would I be better off using the computer for this stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

There are some Buffalo NAS that have uTorrent client running on them:
    http://www.buffalo-technology.ie/linkstation-trade.html

Can get them from Amazon, Dabs, eBay the usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks Bop for the recommendations but I really like to know what are the advantages of having a utorrent client on a network server/ media server?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Advantage is that you can leave the NAS on 24/7 and it will seed away, for a very small amount on the ESB bill leaving you to shut down your PC.

Downside would be when you get over 1000+ torrents you might start coming close to having problems, depending on the unit as they are low powered and arent designed to run big jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ED E wrote: »
    Advantage is that you can leave the NAS on 24/7 and it will seed away, for a very small amount on the ESB bill leaving you to shut down your PC.

Downside would be when you get over 1000+ torrents you might start coming close to having problems, depending on the unit as they are low powered and arent designed to run big jobs.

That is very helpful ED, thanks

Maybe im probably off better using the computer

Advertisement