Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa/Passport query

• 07-01-2013 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi folks,

My boyfriend and I have been in Canada since 2010. We drove down to Coutts to activate our new work permits back in September, where my boyfriend was only given a visa until February, as thats when his passport expires. So he has applied for a new passport which he recently received. When we were at the border, my boyfriend asked if he needed to drive all the way back down from Calgary to get the remainder of his visa. The border officer said no, that he could do it in Calgary as the first part of the visa has already been issued. Thing is we can't remember where he said he could do this and we can't find anything about it online.

Does anyone know if that was true(if so where) or will he have to drive back down to the border?

Thanks for any info

Advertisement