Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The youth of today -.-

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Get a relative/friend to call round in their car! 2 balaclavas required. Take the leader of the gang, throw him in the boot, drive him around for half an hour and dump him somewhere with a warning that if he doesn't stop terrorising people in their homes (don't mention yours specifically) he won't be seeing the outside of the boot the next time.

Off you go home safe in the knowledge that some little scobe has to walk home with a full jocks on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Agree with previous poster on mentioning the girl to your neighbours, especially if you have a good relationship. You run the risk of it going badly, but it's just as likely they'll appreciate your help.

Other options include training your children to be arse-kicking machines Hit-Girl style, or calling social welfare on their parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It sounds like they haven't been shown enough love. I suggest you go outside, arms wide open and give them a big hug.

Let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

The parents of the girl next door are nice people tbh, the daughter does not engage in the anti social activity, but I get the distinct feeling she is the reason they are drawn close to my house.

The mother next door has been held up in bed with the flu the last week. She has already had words with her daughter about these scrotes, but is unaware of my particular problem.

I've no intention of banging on someone's door to start a confrontation. But I will knock on their parents doors and voice my opinion of their little angels.

This situation is not nearly as bad as some of those mentioned in this thread, but does have the chance to if left unchecked.

As people have mentioned "your house is your castle", and I've no intention of sitting on my hands hoping it will go away. I won't accept any threat to my families safety or well being.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

find out where they live and tell the parents the next time they do it you'll be back to punch the head off them. they'll probably keep their kids under control then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Its simple, we kill all the youths of today that will show em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Scrots sounds way too polite! if you kept typing fookin little basta*ds it would of been a much more enjoyable read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Get a CCTV camera. Make it obvious it is pointing at the front of the house.
    The problem with cctv is that all they need to do is cover their face with a scarf and put up the hoody, you can't identify them then, I'm speaking from experience. Knowing whose responsible and proving it is an entirely different matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It might sound like a bit of a cop out, but could you and your wife try ignoring them for a while. Believe me I know how difficult that is, however, they're looking for a reaction and they're getting it. By the sounds of it they are under age and sod all can be done by the gardaí.

I was at the station once when a mother came in to collect her teenage son. Long story short the scumbag had been harassing his neighbours with his little gang of fellow scumbags and got caught. Mammy of the years response was that the cops didn't catch the others so her son should get let off. She gave the sergeant a lot of abuse(turns out little scumbag had curfew for other offences), her little johnny is a saint, cops are picking on him yada yada yada. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, she had a row with the sergeant that her underage son should be given his ciggs back:confused:.
    You might get lucky and find a conversation with the scumbags parents solves the problem, but I wouldn't hold my breath, the odds are its from the parents that they get their attitude problem. I hope it ends soon for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

It might sound like a bit of a cop out, but could you and your wife try ignoring them for a while. Believe me I know how difficult that is, however, they're looking for a reaction and they're getting it. By the sounds of it they are under age and sod all can be done by the gardaí.

I was at the station once when a mother came in to collect her teenage son. Long story short the scumbag had been harassing his neighbours with his little gang of fellow scumbags and got caught. Mammy of the years response was that the cops didn't catch the others so her son should get let off. She gave the sergeant a lot of abuse(turns out little scumbag had curfew for other offences), her little johnny is a saint, cops are picking on him yada yada yada. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, she had a row with the sergeant that her underage son should be given his ciggs back:confused:.
    You might get lucky and find a conversation with the scumbags parents solves the problem, but I wouldn't hold my breath, the odds are its from the parents that they get their attitude problem. I hope it ends soon for you.

That could work. The language they use you wouldn't hear in a brothel tbh. Saying that they are kids looking for a chase and are not hardcore little scumbags, just little fukers with not a lot to be.

Advertisement