Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing myself :)

• 07-01-2013 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

First up, Let me apologize for what will be a long thread.

Im a 34 year old married mum of 2 boys. I had been a heavy smoker since the age of 14 (almost a pack a day) until I quit for the first time at 25. I quit cold turkey and had a roller coaster 12 months before I finally felt 'normal'. I cruised along for the next 4 years, in this time, improving my fitness to the point that I became a personal trainer/group exercise instructor. I lived and breathed exercise.

One STUPID night, I had the thought "god Id love a smoke" and thought after that long SURELY I could have just one....WRONG! Over the next 12 weeks, I slowly increased from one here and there and within 3 months, back on a packet a day :(

in Nov 2011, I decided to quit again. I was still training but wanted to be back where I was, so I got hypnotized and quit again, cold turkey.

Over the next 6 months I trained so hard to compete a double marathon last year. My fitness was above where it used to be and I felt GREAT.

In June last year I had a really rough patch (I have bipolar, and had a roller coaster 6 weeks) during this time, I couldn't cope (literally) and started again :(

Im back on track now and while still training, Ive just signed up to do a 50km mountain run on 10/3 and know that 3 months training will be sufficient.

Ive set my quit date..... 15/1, next tue.

My stress is, I know how hard it will be, Ive been there. What Im worried about, is the person I am sure I will become and it scares me! I want so badly to do it right this time.

I guess, Im just asking for support?? A few words of encouragement? and to be patr of this board so that If I do have some struggles, I can jump on here for some moral support.

Anyway...Thanks for reading :) X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Vizzy

May I be the first to welcome you to Boards.

As for words of encouragement,the only motivation that you should need is the fact that you will be able to do the 50km run once you quit the weed.

Best of luck and keep us posted on progress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Best of luck!! I'm almost a year off cigarettes and I feel amazing, you have loads of motivation with your running goals but most important believe in yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Funkyapple

You did it twice so of course you can do it again! I am of them 3 months and I feel brilliant. Just remember how amazing you felt when you weren't a smoker. Most people in this world don't have to fight as hard as you do, so be proud of yourself for all your achievements and not dwell your downfalls.

Best of luck although you dont need it:)

Advertisement