Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get the 6.30am or 7am 402 bus Seacrest -> Eyre Square

Options
  • 07-01-2013 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here get this bus regularly? Was out 10min early waiting for the 7am and it never arrived. Was hoping to get the 6.30am into town every morning from now on but do these early buses operate as timetabled??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭_Puma_

My experience with the Early buses is rather hit and miss with me ending up getting a taxi more times than not. My advice, get a bike and cycle in. Not very pleasant cycling this time of year but it is a good way to wake you up in the morning.

Id ring Bus Eireann directly and try and find out from them what time the bus leaves at. I rarely trust the timetable on the website any-more as they sometimes make minor changes without updating the site.

The number - (091) <link>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Left earlier today just to walk it and just caught the bus passing. It must fly through the route when the roads are quiet, was about 15 minute earlier than scheduled for my stop.

Time to buy an umbrella and enjoy the walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Is there any wonder people are forced to commute by car when the bus schedule is this erratic?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

J o e wrote: »
    Does anyone here get this bus regularly? Was out 10min early waiting for the 7am and it never arrived. Was hoping to get the 6.30am into town every morning from now on but do these early buses operate as timetabled??

Were you out at 6:50am - or at 10 minutes before the timetable said the bus would leave your stop along the way.

In general, assume that the times in Eyre Square and either end (ie Seacrest and Merlin Park) are fixed, any other times on the timetable are estimates. And as you say, when traffic is light, the buses move a lot faster than usual.

Also, I'd always assume that there's a fair chance that a given bus driver will leave 5 minutes early. They shouldn't, but ....

Advertisement