If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small TV 22-27"

Options
  • 07-01-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,

I wonder if you might recommend a good value small TV, approx 22-27"? No Smart TVs needed as the input will be from a split coaxial cable. Saorview or digital tuner needed as I don't want to stick a UPC box (TV will be wall mounted in kitchen).

Many thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

robbe wrote: »
    Hi,

I wonder if you might recommend a good value small TV, approx 22-27"? No Smart TVs needed as the input will be from a split coaxial cable. Saorview or digital tuner needed as I don't want to stick a UPC box (TV will be wall mounted in kitchen).

Many thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

our current best budget fave is the LG M2232 at £149.95 (22") it's not Saorview approved but it does work with Saorview no problem ( it may not have the MHEG5 text functions - to be honest we have not tested it yet) .

At the other end of the scale we have the Saorview approved LG 26CS460 at £209.95 / €259.99

I also have just one of the excellent Sony 22EX310's left - fully Saorview approved - this is an open box model ( I used it myself when my laptop screen went black just before Christmas and it's now back in the box as new!!) I have two of these now and they really are excellent TV's - I can do our last one ( personally tested at no extra charge :D) at just £159.95

Do you need a bracket? I'll happily do you a deal price for the TV / Bracket & delivery??

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭robbe

Thanks for the quick response John!

I'll have a look at the TV's you mention and get back to you - not going to consider the Sony in all likelihood - have a 40" Sony (out of warranty and not bought from you) whose screen isn't looking too good considering when I bought it......

Cheers,

Rob

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

robbe wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response John!

I'll have a look at the TV's you mention and get back to you - not going to consider the Sony in all likelihood - have a 40" Sony (out of warranty and not bought from you) whose screen isn't looking too good considering when I bought it......

Cheers,

Rob

Robbe,

no problem and I'd virtually always agree with you on the Sony front - it's years since I've really W A N T E D a Sony TV - however that 22EX310 is actually excellent for the money - and I part with my own money very carefully! ( But I hear what you are saying!)

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.