Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free CS2 Premium Plus Suite from Adobe

• 07-01-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭

This is the old version but still might be use to someone. All you need to do is to create a free Adobe Account from the link below. Both for PC & Mac and includes the following products:

Creative Suite 2
    Acrobat 3D 1.0
    Acrobat Standard 7.0
    Acrobat Pro 8.0
    Audition 3.0
    GoLive CS2
    Illustrator CS2
    InCopy CS2
    InDesign CS2
    Photoshop CS2
    Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0
    Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Where does it say the software is free!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

Where does it say the software is free!?

Just log in through that link and you will see the serial numbers along with the download links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

!Huzzah!, CS2 works great on wine and crossover too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Awesome! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Good find. Word of warning to Mac users on Mountain Lion (and Lion I think), CS2 won't install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I loved CS2, deffo my favorite, kinda miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

Thanks OP! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Might be some issues when running these on latest windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Nice find!

• Advertisement

Pj! wrote: »
    Might be some issues when running these on latest windows.

Running CS2 on Windows 7 64bit without issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Pity that Dreamweaver is not included. Anyway, thanks a lot OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

living wrote: »

That is one area you don't want to use old software in.

Photoshop and illustrator will do well for the amateur but using dated web development software is not recommended as web standards evolve so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

How many versions newer is this than Premiere Pro 6.5?

Chavways wrote: »
    How many versions newer is this than Premiere Pro 6.5?

Full list here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Premiere_Pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Limericks wrote: »
    That is one area you don't want to use old software in.

Photoshop and illustrator will do well for the amateur but using dated web development software is not recommended as web standards evolve so much.

While I wouldn't touch golive etc myself. New standards and revised standard doesn't make the old ones irrelevant. Xhtml, css, jpeg, gif, png, svg etc. will be supported for a loooong time yet and we're probably years off moving on to html5 and css3 for most real world sites. Once you've validated and browser tested as you would have to anyway I don't see a problem.

If anything people prematurely moving onto new standards is a bigger problem.

Most of the browser stats you see are from techie websites - I mean how many grannies visit w3c sites. If you look at the real world analytics for non hip/techie websites internet exploder 6, 7 and 8 are still often 25+%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Seems unavailable for me, is it gone for everyone else also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I'd say the site is just getting a hammering now that North America is fully awake.

EDIT: Direct Links to files now on the slickdeals thread wiki.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

living wrote: »

Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks were all Macromedia products, Adobe only acquired Macromedia a few years back, I reckon that's why they are not included

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭gipi

Thanks for the direct links, coffee to go, I had downloaded the files from the OP's link but forgot to note the serial number needed for installation - d'oh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Photoshop CS2 failed to install on my Mac running 10.8.2. :(

JDxtra wrote: »
    Photoshop CS2 failed to install on my Mac running 10.8.2. :(

10.2.8 to 10.3.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

10.2.8 to 10.3.8

Is that powerpc only? I think the only way for intel Macs to run this would be to download the Windows version and run in Wine. I'm downloading the Windows version now so will see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Thanks for that OP. We were just about to buy Elements 11! This will do fine thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Ah shyte! Also running 10.8.2. Ah well......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

OP link now leading to an error page - perhaps site is struggling with demand or its since been removed?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's reported on that wiki page coffee to go linked to that this was a mistake and Adobe aren't giving it away. I've already downloaded and installed it though so...

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

If the Adobe forum discussion on link below is to be believed, it may be that Adobe made a mistake releasing serial codes on a page available to anyone with a free AdobeID... !!!

See replies :
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974662

Hence explaining why the page is now offline :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Apparently it was a mistake by Adobe - they deactivated activation servers for CS2 and wanted to give genuine CS2 owners the ability to access their software.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974662

Seems to have turned into a huge publicity coup for them though.... it worked out well for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Mr E wrote: »
    ..it worked out well for everyone.

You don't want to know how much I payed for a boxed Photoshop CS (which I still use), over the counter, VAT included, Dublin.. when it first came out.

I know it wasn't Adobe's intention, but I am delighted. ;)

I'm still on Photoshop 7 (and it still does the job!). Delighted to upgrade. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

I'm still able to access the page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Yep - the official adobe page appears to be back online.

Worth following the wiki page on slickdeals as its being updated with solutions to install issues - they are also saying:
    To update the programs once installed: Change system date to before 10/01/2011, run Adobe updater, download/install updates, then change system date back to current

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!

i doubt that they can enforce that (i mean in legal terms, because by publishing those files and one generic serial for everyone they already resigned from any chance of controlling that from technical perspective) as they made it widely available, they don't require any type of authorization or verification to access either program or serial number to install it

so far files and serials from there can be legally used in (at least) most of european countries as legislation only prohibits from obtaining copies of programs\games in illegal manner ( i.e. from 3rd party that is not authorized to share it), and here we have producer making it available to anyone (again, this page displays even if you don't have adobe account) and it is clearly not a mistake on their side as they didn't took page down when they were notified about that

this seems to be carefully prepared publicity stunt to hook up people on adobe products - one can't argue that photoshop is industry standard, making it available for anyone 'by mistake' will get them more copies sold in long term

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Pique

Easier to kill a dozen or so generic keys that everyone has instead of generating and assigning unique keys for each new user too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody know how complicated Premiere Pro is? Always heard good things about it in terms of video editing. Id be a novice to intermediate in that terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

hi, am getting not valid serial number for ps cs2. have I missed out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

hi, am getting not valid serial number for ps cs2. have I missed out?
    Installed cs2 at 12:30 today, still active on adobe site as long as you login, there a 2 s/n's, one for the full package incl CS2 but I went down the page & got CS2 for Windows on it's own which has a different PW, perhaps you used the wrong PW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

got it thanks!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Did anyone knows if it will work with any version of CS2 (I have it downloaded years ago, without licence/serial) or I have to download and install files listed on the website?

Should work with any version. See my post from earlier this morning about why this was made "free" in the first place....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Corholio wrote: »
    Anybody know how complicated Premiere Pro is? Always heard good things about it in terms of video editing. Id be a novice to intermediate in that terms.

if you are handy with photoshop, its grand, its a world easier than final cut anyway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So just to be sure. If download just the CS2 files, that includes all the programs that are listed separately? Or do you have to download all the files?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

jakdublin wrote: »
    Good find. Word of warning to Mac users on Mountain Lion (and Lion I think), CS2 won't install.

Bugger....lack of Rosetta support.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So just to be sure. If download just the CS2 files, that includes all the programs that are listed separately? Or do you have to download all the files?

I think the bundled CS2 files just include Acrobat Standard, Not the Acrobat 8 Pro that is a separate download. I've also read on other forums that the bundled CS2 install can be a bit of a pain, so maybe just going the individual file route is simpler.

zom wrote: »
    Did anyone knows if it will work with any version of CS2 (I have it downloaded years ago, without licence/serial) or I have to download and install files listed on the website?

Not so sure - Would your old version be one that needed to call Adobe activation servers? The new files for download seem to be simple serial code activation only.

I know this is the bargain alerts forum...but how and ever, thought I would ask anyone if they know how to get CR2 files to open in photoshop CS2? Have tried downloading patches and the likes but they wont work for what ever reason. Bit of a pain, and potentially makes CS2 completely useless :o

I know this is the bargain alerts forum...but how and ever, thought I would ask anyone if they know how to get CR2 files to open in photoshop CS2? Have tried downloading patches and the likes but they wont work for what ever reason. Bit of a pain, and potentially makes CS2 completely useless :o

Only the latest versions of Adobe Camera RAW will allow you to open/import recent CR2 files.

Use the software that came with your camera to make a TIFF for Photoshop editing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement