Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QPR - Saturday 12th January

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dempsey on for Ade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Worst game ever

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really well done by Lloris there.
    The rest of the team is seriously lacking in creativity though. No real chances being created. Bad day at the office I guess, but its looking like 2 points dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

This is the spurs that drive me mad. No desire collectively to go grab a win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Mbia kicks Lloris in the thigh and then rolls around on the ground 8 times. Not a bother on him now. Disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

What a f*ck up, two massive points dropped. Levy has to buy us a striker or else we can forget about it.

Hard to beat a team who park the bus. Unfortunately this is what most clubs are doing to Spurs now.

Shocking game but qpr defended for their lives through the middle and the pitch was too narrow for wingers

Lost here last season so happy enough with a point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It was always going to be tough, Harry would have them well up for it. We knew they'd park the bus and make it impossible to break them down. Ade was terrible, Dempsey was a little busier when he came on. I thought Siggy was very poor when he came on, offered nothing. At least we didn't get beaten.

irishmover wrote: »
    Hard to beat a team who park the bus. Unfortunately this is what most clubs are doing to Spurs now.

True hard to beat, but had that donkey upfrobt scored the early chance was a different game. Having a clinical finisher is what keeps us back from the top teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

One of those frustrating games again,as bad as we were we deserved to win the game by a mile.We have to buy a striker without a doubt.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    True hard to beat, but had that donkey upfrobt scored the early chance was a different game. Having a clinical finisher is what keeps us back from the top teams.

Said it before and I'll say it again. We have youth. Use them. Adebayor is ****e and Defoe is off the pace. Give a young lad a chance from the bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Well there goes 90mins of my life I won't get back! Anti-football from the R's playing one man up and the rest behind the ball. And the ref was a mug, Mackie, Taarabt and Derry getting away with poor tackles unpunished.

We badly need somebody who can shoot around buses, RVP style, cough up Daniel!

Said it before and I'll say it again. We have youth. Use them. Adebayor is ****e and Defoe is off the pace. Give a young lad a chance from the bench!

Fair point, whoever it was he could only do better than Adebayor.

For example ? What young lad do u think is good enough to spring from the bench and make a difference in a game like today's ?

Fair point, whoever it was he could only do better than Adebayor.

Exactly and with Adebayor gone now surely AVB will have to throw someone on the bench... I'd really like to see Coulibaly and/or Coulthirst brought in. Sherwood does enough raving about them, they surely can't do any worse anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

mickman wrote: »
    For example ? What young lad do u think is good enough to spring from the bench and make a difference in a game like today's ?

Shaq Coulthirst, he is banging them in for the u21s! Listen a draw against a QPR team with a 10-0-0 formation is a good result. Levy needs to sign another striker whether Ade goes to ACN or not!

Gahh this one is really frustrating me, we had a great chance to put 3 points on the board today against bottom of the table and we blew it. Both Gooners and Chelsea have tough ones too, chance missed :mad:

To be fair, John Obika is banging the goals in too...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

[Quote=

We badly need somebody who can shoot around buses, RVP style, ![/Quote]

The last time I said that in the Jan transfer thread it went off the rails quickly!
    To compete we need a 20 + league goal a season front man. That is the difference between wins and draws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I agree with nbar, it wasn't the worst result in the world. QPR played against us the same way they played against Chelsea, but we came away with a point. The teams around us will go to Loftus Road and will either draw or lose - it's not an easy place to go.

On the bright side, earlier on in the season we would have conceded the last ten minutes and walked away with nothing. We looked strong and secure at the back today. One other positive, as mentioned before, today's performance may help motivate Levy to get a deal done for the likes of Leandro.

Hopefully Adebayor can pick up some form down at the ACN.

United at home next week. COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Poor result for me. When playing a side as bad as them, you should be beating them. Lloris had fcuk all to do. When we missed the chance after 5 mins, I said to myself, we are gonna regret that, and so we did. Adebayor was crap again, just like he has been all season. You can make excuses for him all you like, but at the end of the day, he looks like he's got his big fat contract and he's happy with that. He has shown fcuk all effort or passion this season, and that's not good enough.

In saying that, he wasn't the only one who has been bad today, bale and dembele were poor too. 2 points dropped for me.

If we don't sign a striker, I have an awful feeling, we'll struggle to stay top 4.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Poor result for me. When playing a side as bad as them, you should be beating them. Lloris had fcuk all to do. When we missed the chance after 5 mins, I said to myself, we are gonna regret that, and so we did. Adebayor was crap again, just like he has been all season. You can make excuses for him all you like, but at the end of the day, he looks like he's got his big fat contract and he's happy with that. He has shown fcuk all effort or passion this season, and that's not good enough.

In saying that, he wasn't the only one who has been bad today, bale and dembele were poor too. 2 points dropped for me.

If we don't sign a striker, I have an awful feeling, we'll struggle to stay top 4.

My feelings exactly Hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Hatch99 wrote: »

Was bale playing???Points dropped for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We were due a loss or at least dropped points. We are spurs after all!

The problem is we have Man U next so its probably another few dropped points there. I hope city hammer Arsenal today or a repeat of last years slide down the table could be on the cards....

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Was bale playing???Points dropped for me.

I hate having a go at him, tbh I'm not actually having a go at him, all im saying is that when you know after 20 mins that it's gonna be a tough day at the office, you need to vary your play, try something different, it all just seemed so predictable to me. Like I said, I'm not having a go at him, he's been brilliant for us, I guess it's just frustration.

My feelings exactly Hatch.

I can't see us buying a striker and still think we will get fourth ,most likely because arsenal are weak and avb should keep things fresh by rotation

I can't see us buying a striker and still think we will get fourth ,most likely because arsenal are weak and avb should keep things fresh by rotation

I really hope your right Mick, but I just think the lack of goals from different areas could really effect us.

Don't underestimate Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Don't underestimate Arsenal.

Exactly. They still have the players and ability, and usually come good towards the end of the season. There's still a long way to go!

Advertisement