Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QPR - Saturday 12th January

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Poor result for me. When playing a side as bad as them, you should be beating them. Lloris had fcuk all to do. When we missed the chance after 5 mins, I said to myself, we are gonna regret that, and so we did. Adebayor was crap again, just like he has been all season. You can make excuses for him all you like, but at the end of the day, he looks like he's got his big fat contract and he's happy with that. He has shown fcuk all effort or passion this season, and that's not good enough.

In saying that, he wasn't the only one who has been bad today, bale and dembele were poor too. 2 points dropped for me.

If we don't sign a striker, I have an awful feeling, we'll struggle to stay top 4.

saw this on twitter re adebayor

"Adebayor, adebayooooor for £80000 a week I'd expect a lot more"

sums it up perfectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    saw this on twitter re adebayor

"Adebayor, adebayooooor for £80000 a week I'd expect a lot more"

sums it up perfectly!

Superb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Guys, I think we're over-looking the fact that the QPR players played out of their skin. They closed our players down brilliantly, doubled up on our wingers and defended for their lives. Teams won't be able to do this to us week in and week out.

I'm not saying we don't need a clinical striker, but I think some of the reaction has been a little melodramatic. It was billed as a big grudge match, with that kind of hype it could have gone either way, instead we walked away with a clean sheet, a point and no injuries..... United next, they won't double up on our wingers.

The Goonies have 7 games in 20 days (or something like that), so hopefully they'll drop a few points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

You're right Dub, it's two points dropped but QPR did a job on us, they doubled up on our wingers who had to tuck in forcing Dembele to try and recycle the ball with the battering ram Mbia breathing down his neck... Harry got the point he was playing for...

I would love to see a player like Moutinho come in allowing Dembele to play in an advanced role behind the striker, he could be lethal further up the pitch, rounding players with ease and creating space..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

So harry did learn something from the times last season that other team doubled up on our wingers. Unfortunately for us AVB (much like HR himself) was unable to figure out how to counter act this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

So harry did learn something from the times last season that other team doubled up on our wingers. Unfortunately for us AVB (much like HR himself) was unable to figure out how to counter act this.

Play with 4 wingers maybe?;) Bentley might even get a run then!

Didnt see any of the match but to be honest when i heard the result I wasnt too disappointed. As has been said there was a load of hype around the game and we got a clean sheet.

Having said that its still irritating to drop points to the team whose last in the league

Advertisement