Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda CBR 125R chip tuning

• 07-01-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi I have a cbr125 for the past 2 years. The bike is great around town but its a nightmare on the motorway due to the power. I have been ofdered to chip this bike in poland bringing the power up to 28bhp. Does anyone know where I could get it chipped in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Std the newest one makes under 13 hp, id be extremely suprised if you can buy a chip to over double its hp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I think a full power Aprilia RS125 made about 25bhp at the wheel (claimed 33) so there's no way a 4 stroke will make that power without revving to about 18000rpm or adding a supercharger or something!
    original CBR250 is only 45bhp with 18000rpm to play with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

batman_oh wrote: »
    I think a full power Aprilia RS125 made about 25bhp at the wheel (claimed 33) so there's no way a 4 stroke will make that power without revving to about 18000rpm or adding a supercharger or something!
    original CBR250 is only 45bhp with 18000rpm to play with

I was told 28. I just want ir to have more power if even 5bhp. Ita just such a liability on the motorway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Buy a bigger capacity bike if you are doing lots of motorway work.
    125cc -28hp is 224hp per litre.
    Consider that most 1000cc superbikes make around 180hp in street trim you are asking for the impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

it might be worthwhile swapping out the front sprockets for a -1 one

apparently it lets the 6th 'overdrive' gear rev out further, as it doesnt have the power to do so in stock trim

I didnt do it as I didnt do enough motorway work, and I was worried about making the first gear even shorter (as it was very short stock) - this is all on an 04 cbr125 a few years back, so may have changed..

only thing to get any more realistic ponies out of it, is to get it bored out - but then for the costs, and possible insurance issues, it'd be more economical to just get an sv650 or the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

On a small bike like that even expensive upgrades are only gonna give you an extra 1-2hp. Keep your money and put it towards a bigger bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Agreed, even if it was to work as claimed, you'd be ringing it full throttle the whole time on the motorway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Agreed, even if it was to work as claimed, you'd be ringing it full throttle the whole time on the motorway.

Agreed, it already loud enough to make long journeys a pain. Ill just get a bigger bike then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,408 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You'll need an A2 or A licence or learner permit for over 125cc, if you only have A1 at the moment.
    CBR125 is a good town bike (seen quite a few couriers on them lately) and good for beginners so should be easy to sell on.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
Advertisement