Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky agree deal to show NBA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sky have agreed a deal to show The NBA

http://www.mvp247.com/2013/01/sky-sports-agree-nba-deal/

Thought at first it was an exclusive deal but ESPN will still be showing the western conference finals

I'm happy because up until the finals, ESPNs coverage is pretty poor.

EDIT - Story is on the Sky Sports website now - http://www1.skysports.com/basketball/news/11979/8384539/NBA-on-Sky-Sports-

The article seems to say that its only for the rest of this season but I'm sure they will sign a longer term deal after this season.

Ah balls. Does that mean no NBA Finals on ESPN? Or will both show them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭steve_r

I can't get sky at my address but likewise I'd be worried about the effect on the ESPN coverage.

Though as a former sky customer I think its great news for basketball fans with sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

Yay, Kevin Cadle.

"Until next time, remember those three letters...N...B...A"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

This is cock. I got ESPN just to watch NBA, cant really affford to get Sky Sports at 33 quid a month extra. Surely ESPN had already paid up for this season

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

As far as I know ESPN continue to show 3 games a week, all-star weekend, first and second round of the playoffs along with the western conference finals and finals lads. Sky just have a double header on Sunday plus whatever ESPN aren't covering with regards to playoffs too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sky should have signed up Timmy "Downtown" McCarthy to do commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

stuchyg wrote: »
    This is cock. I got ESPN just to watch NBA, cant really affford to get Sky Sports at 33 quid a month extra. Surely ESPN had already paid up for this season

Can you get ESPN with Sky without having Sky Sports?
    I have the sports package and ESPN was free with it.
    I wouldnt mind just having ESPN and ESPN America.

Advertisement