Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freeing up space on I pad with free I cloud

• 07-01-2013 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I have a 32 mg iPad and just bought movies, there isn't enough space to download them all, I've deleted lots of apps but still need 4 gab. My iCloud show that's I've 5gb free but I can't figure out how to transfer a movie so the last one I purchased will download.

Also, when movies are showing up in I tunes and also in video folder does this mean that they are duplicated? Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If it's an iTunes purchased film you can just delete it. Apple allow you to re-download purchased content at no extra charge. It's called iTunes in the Cloud.

The free iCloud storage you mentioned is really only for syncing app-related content and settings between devices. You can't use it as additional storage space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭hollytrees

Thanks for that.

I decided to buy some extra storage, just 16 euro but its still showing up that there isn't enough space! Any ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You misunderstood my post. There was no need purchase additional iCloud storage. As I said, iCloud CANNOT be used as additional storage to supplement your iPad memory. It's for backups and syncing app data only. You CANNOT transfer content onto it to save space on your iPad. It's not like an external hard drive in the cloud.

The only solution to your problem is to free up space to make room for the new content. Apple allow you to re-download purchased content at no extra charge, so just delete one of the previously purchased films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭hollytrees

Hi just wanted to come back on to thank you for letting me know that cloud is not extra space.

I have contacted apple for a refund and they told me that if I delete movies they cannot resend them for free, this service is only available in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I assume you checked: settings -> general -> usage which will show straight away what the highest users of your storage space are? Anything you can delete? If you've a lot of videos on your cameraroll maybe you can get rid if some (deleting photos doesn't really help much, videos do). You can always transfer them to your pc before you delete them.
    Same goes for movies, connect to iTunes and select "transfer purchases from iPad", this should put the so movies on your pc so you can get rid of them on your iPad, but you can always sync them back onto iPad at a later stage...
    You could also choose "check for available downloads" in iTunes on your pc and see if the movies download to your pc. They should and then you can select which ones you want (or don't want) synced to your iPad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement