Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Jarrett - @NCH Feb 21st

Options
  • 07-01-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up that piano legend Keith Jarret is playing the NCH next month:eek:

On sale this morning... Tickets are selling fast
    Keith Jarrett, Piano
    An Evening of Solo Piano Improvisations
    One of jazz’s and indeed music’s most remarkable and influential figures, pianist Keith Jarrett performs one of his rare solo piano concerts at The National Concert Hall on Thursday 21st February. Over the past five decades, Keith Jarrett has come to be recognised as one of the most creative musicians of our times - universally acclaimed as an improviser of unsurpassed genius; a master of jazz piano; a classical keyboardist of great depth; and as a composer who has written hundreds of pieces for his various jazz groups, plus extended works for orchestra, soloist, and chamber ensemble.
    The history of Keith Jarrett’s improvised solo piano performances goes back more than 30 years. In 1971 Jarrett began his recording collaboration with German producer Manfred Eicher and ECM Records. The foundation of the Jarrett/ECM discography is made up of the landmark solo piano recordings that have helped redefine the role of the piano in contemporary music. The piano improvisations on Facing You, Solo Concerts, The Köln Concert, Sun Bear Concerts , La Scala, Radiance, The Carnegie Hall Concert, Testament: Paris /London and most recently Rio The solo piano recordings incorporate a broad spectrum of musical idioms and languages— classical, jazz, ethnic, gospel, folk, blues, and pure sound - revealing a creative process based on a deeply conscious state of wakefulness and listening “in the moment,” producing music both deeply personal, yet universal. The Köln Concert is also the best-selling solo piano recording in history.
    This concert, Jarrett’s first in Ireland in over 30 years, promises to be one of the cultural highlights of 2013.
    PLEASE NOTE: There is no admission to the concert after Mr Jarrett starts his performance. We ask concert-goers to arrive and take their seats in good time for the concert
    Tickets €95, €80, €75 (Choir Balcony: €40)
    20% Discount for Friends of the National Concert Hall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

My dad is a big fan and he is coming up on the big 65 in February so this is ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

civilnug wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

My dad is a big fan and he is coming up on the big 65 in February so this is ideal!

Get them fast ...I know they are expensive but they are well worth it !

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Done and dusted and tickets printed.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Onthebus

Im looking for a spare Keith Jarrett ticket for the concert hall? Im only finding out about the gig now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'm pretty sure that the NCH sell returns on the night, i.e., that you can queue at the box office and tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis. Of course, you take your chances, and there's no way of knowing where you'll end up sitting, but it would be worth doing if you didn't get a ticket prior to the date.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Antonino

Hi, I've one spare ticket for this concert. It's a choir balcony ticket. Contact me in private if you are still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Antonino wrote: »
    Hi, I've one spare ticket for this concert. It's a choir balcony ticket. Contact me in private if you are still interested.

Use www.toutless.com to sell this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Antonino

Use www.toutless.com to sell this.

Thank you, I sold the ticket on toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

From the NCH

Last chance for Keith Jarrett tickets: Some production holds will be released for sale at 10am tomorrow morning, Wednesday 20th Feb, priced at €95.

Advertisement