Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illogical progression - 2013

Options
  • 07-01-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭

This shall be my log for the year. I'm not setting any goals as I'd only just forget them in a short space of time anyway.
    I will try to have fun though.
    Oh wait! That feckin' Torr Road climb on the Giant's Causeway sportive. I need to not let that one beat me again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I was away for most of the week, with no access to a bike, so the total is low. Business as usual from now on hopefully.

Mon: Rest
    Tue: 50km commute
    Wed: Rest
    Thurs: Rest
    Fri: Rest
    Sat: Rest
    Sun: 50km commute

Weekly total: 100km

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,485 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Put some goals up anyway - we'll remind you if/when you don't hit them ....

You need to do some TTs for example - you'll be good at them (we have one guy in the vets league that only ever uses his fixie for them;))

Beasty wrote: »
    Put some goals up anyway - we'll remind you if/when you don't hit them ....

You need to do some TTs for example - you'll be good at them (we have one guy in the vets league that only ever uses his fixie for them;))

OK. Goal #1 is to get gut down to a size where I can get into TT position :)
    This should be of some assistance on Torr Rd too.

Ticking over. A couple of commutes and a club spin were all I managed this week. Towards the end of the club spin I pushed off ahead by myself as I was running out of time. All my gains were wiped out when I heard a spoke snapping about 4km from home. Luckily I was right beside my LBS at the time so got it fixed on the spot.

Mon: 50km commute
    Tue: 50km commute
    Sat: 95km club spin
    Sun: Rest

Weekly total: 195km
    YTD: 295km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭fixie fox

You'll need to add another rest day to recover properly from all that hard rest!

• Advertisement

fixie fox wrote: »
    You'll need to add another rest day to recover properly from all that hard rest!

Tell me about it!
    I normally go out in all weather but I've been carrying a chest infection since October so I've been limiting my cycling a bit since then. I felt a bit off on Saturday's spin so deliberately sat out Sunday's even though I had the time available.
    Will aim for 300km this week to make up for it...
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Tell me about it!
    I normally go out in all weather but I've been carrying a chest infection since October so I've been limiting my cycling a bit since then. I felt a bit off on Saturday's spin so deliberately sat out Sunday's even though I had the time available.
    Will aim for 300km this week to make up for it...
    :)

Not to be interpreted as medical advice, but have you considered going to the doctor... :rolleyes:

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Not to be interpreted as medical advice, but have you considered going to the doctor... :rolleyes:

Even better, I've actually gone. The usual...drugs....rest...prescriptions...yadda..yadda.
    Could have written the script myself (not the script script, the story script. Writing my own script script would be dodgy as can be).

All commutes and no play.

Tue: 52km commute
    Wed: 52km commute
    Thurs: 42km commute
    Fri: 42km commute
    Sat: Rest
    Sun: Rest

Weekly total: 238km
    YTD: 533km

Tue: Rest
    Thurs: 50km commute
    Fri: 25km commute
    Sat: 80km club spin
    Sun: 25km commute

Weekly total: 180km
    YTD: 713km

• Advertisement

Rest of the week had to go away for work reasons. No bike time.

Weekly total 50km
    YTD: 763km

Nada. Zip. Bugger all.

Away for work reasons. No bike for me.

Away on business all week but managed to sneak in a club spin on Saturday.
    New bike arrived so I had to give it a spin.

Sat: 87km

YTD: 800km

Finally back out and about following work-related absence over the last few weeks.

Mon: 35km cycle over Howth
    Tue: 82km NCD loop
    Wed: 43km cycle over Howth
    Sat: 42km commute
    Sun: 228km King's Mountain audax

Weekly total: 430km
    YTD: 1,230km

Edit: YTD should be 1,280km according to Strava. I've missed logging a commute somewhere.

I've been slacking recently, so needed to get my act together. The break in the weather provided the inspiration I needed to get going again. I don't have much free time at the moment as I have exams coming up in the next couple of months, but I decided to make time for the Ardattin 200. I checked the train timetables and saw that public transport wasn't going to get me to the start at Bray by 8am, so I cycled the 38km to the start and just about made it. I'm glad I did as it was an excellent day out. The weather played ball, and the event was excellently managed. Good food, good company, lovely scenery and a bit of sunshine. What more could you ask for?
    I didn't have to cycle home as a very kind boardsie offered me a lift. Thank you sir!

Tue: Rest
    Thurs: 50km commute
    Fri: 50km commute
    Sat: 250km including Ardattin 200.
    Sun: 50km commute

Weekly total: 400km
    YTD: 2,334km

Advertisement