Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nVidia Project Shield

• 07-01-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭

So yesterday we had a thread on Ubuntu trying their hand at making Android smartphones and now today we have nVidia trying to get into the Android gaming handheld/game streaming service with their new device called Shield.

Is it just a marketing device for hardware makers to buy Tegra 4 chipsets or are they seriously going after the handheld market?

Sorry to be the pessimist again but I think its going to be a massive flop.
    It looks hideous, like a frankenstein version of the XBOX "Duke" controller and Panasonic Jungle.
    Why would I want to stream my PC games to a handheld device like this instead of using my PC? Its not like there are usually 2 people fighting over access to a PC with most techy people interested in this device having a tablet or smartphone already.

nexusae0_1-6-2013-9-40-04-PM_thumb.png

Releasing in US & Canada in Q2 2013. No price has been announced.

Advertisement