Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Cancelled

Options
  • 07-01-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

A new Visa Debit card was sent out to a previous address I lived at, I rang BOI to see which address it was sent to, and then I went and got the card.

Fast forward 4 weeks later, in the line at tesco and Im being told my Visa isnt being accepted. Tried it in an ATM and the same thing.

Called into BOI in Newcastle West and was told my card was cancelled by someone in Customer Care and then the lady behind the desk snatched my card off me and cut it up.

What am I meant to do without a card? I work all the hours that the bank is opened? I dont think its fair that Im suffering for BOI's mess up.

Whats the general procedure when the error is on your side? I filled in some form and the lady said it will be ages before I get another card as she needs to send a form somewhere, then they need to send it somewhere and so on.

I cant be without money for 2 - 3 weeks or however long it takes for this to be sorted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi yellowcrayon,

Apologies about the issue that has occurred. If you call your branch number, a representative should be able to order a new card for you. A new card can take 6 - 8 working days to be received. You can find the number for the Newcastle West branch here.

Also if you have not amended your address, you can fill out a change of address form here.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Hi Linda, thanks for replying so fast.

I rang my branch which was in Charleville and went down to change the address using the form.

My issue is mainly with someone in the BOI customer care making a f**k up and me having to suffer for it,, and them not knowing how long a new card will take to get to me, and also the woman on the Customer Service desk in Newcastle West was so rude to me about it and snatched my card and cut it up in front of me.

I mean, is there a way I can make a complaint without ringing customer care,as I believe my complaint would be falling on deaf ears there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi yellowcrayon,

Bank of Ireland complies with the Consumer Protection Code regarding all complaints raised.

There are a number of ways to raise a complaint:
    - In person in a Bank of Ireland branch
    - Over the phone or written request to your branch
    - You can also call or send a written request to our Group Customer Complaints dept.

Apologies about the issue you have had with your new Visa Debit card and please feel free to raise a complaint in any of the above suggested ways.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Thanks Linda, appreciate the advice :)

Advertisement