Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Moblie City Square

Options
  • 07-01-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Any phone geeks on here?

I was in Emobile the other day and they have an offer for eircom customers,

They have an offer for a samsung galaxy S3 139 euro for the phone, then 39 euro a month for unlimited calls unlimited texts and 5gb of data.
    its an 18 month contract

Just wondering is this a good deal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

I'm on Vodafone and 41.99 a mth for free VF calls & text, unlimited text to any network, 100 any network minutes and 1 gb data on a 24 mth contract, the iphone was €199 and €150 upfront deposit....

I was robbed!!!!!

Sounds like a good deal to me!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Any phone geeks on here?

I was in Emobile the other day and they have an offer for eircom customers,

They have an offer for a samsung galaxy S3 139 euro for the phone, then 39 euro a month for unlimited calls unlimited texts and 5gb of data.
    its an 18 month contract

Just wondering is this a good deal?

I realise the phone is good but surely theres better deals out there? Like for 20 euro on three with credit you can get unlimited texts, unlimited calls to 3, unlimited calls to others on weekends and unlimited data. I understand its bill and credit so theres gonna be a bit of a difference but look around to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

do you live in the city? If so Three will have a good network, outisde the city not so much...

eMobile is on Meteors network so bear that in mind as well...

just remember after 18 months you will have spent 702 + the 139 for the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not a bad deal at all. The 5gig of data would worry me, but if you don't use it very often or as a wi-fi hotspot (uses your phone data to connect to the internet on a laptop/computer/device) then it's a very good deal.

Most networks look for up to €70+ a month for unlimited calls and texts to any network.

As for the pre-pay option, it's true that it is cheaper, but you don't get the phone anywhere near as subsidised. The S3 for prepay could cost €700!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Not a bad deal at all. The 5gig of data would worry me, but if you don't use it very often or as a wi-fi hotspot (uses your phone data to connect to the internet on a laptop/computer/device) then it's a very good deal.

Most networks look for up to €70+ a month for unlimited calls and texts to any network.

As for the pre-pay option, it's true that it is cheaper, but you don't get the phone anywhere near as subsidised. The S3 for prepay could cost €700!

€435 here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I went to Vodafone Meteor and 3G and tried to get a price comparisson, they all said to me we cant beat that, sounds like a great offer, I also went to Car Phone Warehouse and they said to me thats a great deal take it.

I have a phone thats just a phone its about 5 years old, so its in need of replacing soon, I only use about 20 euro a month on credit so i dont want to be spending too much more than that,

If im at home i will use my home internet for my browsing, Im not going to be stuck to the thing i just want to update my technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

I think all bill pay plans are a rob, you end up paying way more than pre-pay customers and you might get the phone for 139 now but it will cost you in the long run, My sister got the galaxy s2 awile back on bill-pay it was supposed to be 39 a month her first bill came in for 80 if you go over your limit they will rob you, better off on pre-pay

I dont see the point though in having a new android phone on prepay, like you can hardly use the thing, heres a question for pre pay users, if your credit is gone can you still browse the net using your home broad band?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Bear in mind that for coverage, eMobile's when compared to Voda is crap.

I know, I changed recently. It was cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

Either there's no coverage, or it shows 3G but no data flows.

I wish I'd never changed.

A.

Thanks, I would like to see what people say, there should be no coverage problems these days anyway cos theres masts everywhere!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

I dont see the point though in having a new android phone on prepay, like you can hardly use the thing, heres a question for pre pay users, if your credit is gone can you still browse the net using your home broad band?

You get all you can eat data with three.ie for 20 a month prepay. Yes you can use wifi on your phone without having any credit....

south wrote: »
    You get all you can eat data with three.ie for 20 a month prepay. Yes you can use wifi on your phone without having any credit....

My other half is on meteor pre pay and says if you dont have any credit you cant access the internet through our home broad band

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

I phone 5 pay monthly on 3 here , happy with it ,I use tune in app in the car, yes coverage comes and goes but I get the value from it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

During the summer I got HTC One S with unlimited, calls/text any network and 15gb data from emobile for 34e a month for 18 months, was a well known offer at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

My other half is on meteor pre pay and says if you dont have any credit you cant access the internet through our home broad band

That's totally out of the control of the network, you could even use the WiFi with no sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

I have a Huawei Asend android phone i got it on vodafone for 129 prepay, its a brill phone like a galaxy, i use wi-fi all the time even when i have no credit. I just top up by 20 a month and thats it, there is an option to top up by 25 a month to get free internet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

alinton wrote: »
    Bear in mind that for coverage, eMobile's when compared to Voda is crap.

I know, I changed recently. It was cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

Either there's no coverage, or it shows 3G but no data flows.

I wish I'd never changed.

A.

I'd have to disagree with you there on the coverage issue.

I am with Meteor now for years and find their coverage to be brilliant. I was with Vodafone prior to that and found the coverage in my location very patchy.

I have full 3G with Meteor where I live (in the middle of the countryside) and I have yet to find an area in or around the city without good Meteor coverage (not necessarily 3G coverage but I mean good for calls / texts).

As for my plan I have 400 mins / 400 texts / 2 GB of data and unlimited Meteor calls & texts for €25 per month on a 12 month contract. To be fair that was a reward type thing with Meteor for being with them for a number of years. My bill plan would cost €40 per month for a new customer and I think it would be a minimum 18 month contract.

As eMobile are essentially Meteor repackaged my comments above coverage would hold good for eMobile too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

i mpoved to Emobile on the 18mth 34.50 offer in Autumn 2012. In fact partner and 2 of kids are on various pre pay packages. Good value for us and suits our needs.

Offer was genuine and is as offered thus far. I also found the staff thorough and helpful. I recommend FWIW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

This is my version of mobile/smart phone economics. Buy Skype credit 10 euro last me about 6 weeks and great when ringing at home when connected to the WIFI. Used to be putting €20 every two weeks into the old Nokia on Vodafone.
    Also save up and buy my phones outright. Got the iPhone5 sim free while on holidays in Vegas for the UFC for €550 after conversion so saved €100.

Topped up with 3 last week and got that unlimited data deal which is handy.

Advertisement