Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Technican to secondary school teacher

• 07-01-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm in my 2nd year of the AITI course and I'm unsure what to next ideally I would like to teach 2nd level accounting and perhaps business.

Can anyone tell me if the teaching council will accept people wh have done degrees part time?

Am I best to do ACCA or Chartered Accounting or to just join an accouting degree part time and go for teaching that way?

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

With ACCA you can teach accounting, Business Studies and Economics. For some reason the CAI qualification doesn't qualify for teaching economics to leaving cert.

A part time degree would qualify you for the basic requirement. It's hard to get accepted into a H Dip to teach business though.

Advertisement