Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT work in Canada

Options
  • 07-01-2013 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for contacts in Canada in IT, trying to secure work from Ireland in Canada and without contacts and introductions it's nearly impossible.

If you know of anyone in the IT industry over there who might have some pointers or be recruiting I would appreciate it.

Any help welcomed.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

jwt wrote: »
    I'm looking for contacts in Canada in IT, trying to secure work from Ireland in Canada and without contacts and introductions it's nearly impossible.

If you know of anyone in the IT industry over there who might have some pointers or be recruiting I would appreciate it.

Any help welcomed.

John

What is your visa status and what kind of IT work are you after?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

No visa but looking at something like qualifying under the SINP* Skilled Workers Category under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0213 Computer and information systems managers.

Systems Architecture, Solutions Architecture, Disaster recovery, IT management type roles.

John

*That's for Saskatchewan but other provinces have similar

I'll check my contacts and get back to you,
    I know a guy in Saskatoon who is recruiting IT staff heavily.
    Let me dig out his contact and see if he is still hiring

OK I emailed my contact in Regina, I'll let you know what he says

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Excellent, thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im in IT in Ontario...not sure about any federal nomination programs or what they entail.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 KevinFQB1

OK I emailed my contact in Regina, I'll let you know what he says

Shane
    I will also be heading over that way soon and I just graduated from college with a degree in Multimedia Applications Development but would be happy to land anything IT related if there is anything available.

Advertisement