Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Average Industrial Wage

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

kceire wrote: »
    Totaly agree with you, theres always one bad apple that ruins it for the rest of the bunch.

Some things should/can be privatised, there are also some things that shouldnt be.

I agree....however I think NCT is exactly the sort of thing that should be privatised. Other aspects such as law and order should remain in public hands.

Personally I think the situation in the UK is far superior,. A registered company can do the MOT, fix and problems and re-mot it in the same day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sarumite wrote: »
    I agree....however I think NCT is exactly the sort of thing that should be privatised. Other aspects such as law and order should remain in public hands.

Personally I think the situation in the UK is far superior,. A registered company can do the MOT, fix and problems and re-mot it in the same day.

+1

Similar to DOE Tests over here.
    Just got the family van done by the local commercial garage locally.

Must be the company you keep I obivously keep better company.

Keep replies constructive please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Well then report to the Guards, the Dept Of Envoirment or to the company itself. There was an issues highlighted by RTE in its taxi investigation however I have not personnelly come accross it

You obviously missed the Prime Time Investigates programme then.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0601/taxi.html

average is around 703.45 per week

Average what? Average amount paid to NCT testers to overlook your faulty car?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

Godge wrote: »
    You obviously missed the Prime Time Investigates programme then.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0601/taxi.html

Average what? Average amount paid to NCT testers to overlook your faulty car?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/three-nct-employees-fired-in-wake-of-corruption-claims-2651402.html

THREE National Car Test (NCT) employees have been dismissed following allegations of corruption at testing centres.
    The car testers were informed they had lost their jobs yesterday.
    In a statement, Applus, the company that runs the NCT, said seven testers had been suspended but it would not comment on managerial staff.
    "National Car Testing Service is committed to ensuring any potential for fraudulent activity within the system is eradicated," the statement added.
    Gardai will also question those involved in the controversy.
    Officers last night confirmed they had received a formal complaint into the allegations.
    A senior officer has been appointed to lead the investigation into claims unroadworthy cars passed the test after employees were paid €100.
    Applus, which won the €400m tender to conduct the NCT in 2010, has also launched its own probe.
    Gardai will be keen to talk to testers to find out how widespread the practice of accepting cash to pass a vehicle is.
    They will be interested in poring over footage from the RTE 'Prime Time Investigates' programme, which revealed how two taxis, deemed dangerous by experts, were passed after the payment of €100.
    Owners bringing cars for tests are supposed to have no idea who is going to look under the bonnet; and, crucially, the tester should not be able to tell which car they are going to inspect at any given time or date.

Advertisement