Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Aurous, did you get to a level for that to evolve or did you use an item?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd assume it evolves at the same level as Tyrunt, which was level 39 for me.

Nope, I have Amaura at 41, so I guess it'll happen soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Aurous, did you get to a level for that to evolve or did you use an item?
    Angron wrote: »
    I'd assume it evolves at the same level as Tyrunt, which was level 39 for me.
    Nope, I have Amaura at 41, so I guess it'll happen soon enough.

Level 39 at night. Level 39 during the day for Tyrunt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh right, didn't realise there was a day/night cycle needed for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

just after beating the elite 4 there, took a few attempts mind :D need a much more balanced team than Black 2 imo

NTMK wrote: »
    just after beating the elite 4 there, took a few attempts mind :D need a much more balanced team than Black 2 imo
    What level were you at around when you took them on? I'm not at them yet, still a ways to go. Just curious.

What level were you at around when you took them on? I'm not at them yet, still a ways to go. Just curious.
    I fell over the line with

Blaziken lvl 78/9
    Polywhirl lvl 58
    Charizard lvl 63
    Xerneas lvl 54
    Druddigon lvl 60
    Chesnaught lvl 63

and lots of Hyper potions, Revives

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Ah feck, my fire heavy team will probably get minced so:mad:

Can't believe how far some have gotten... I've only just won my second badge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I fell over the line with

Blaziken lvl 78/9
    Polywhirl lvl 58
    Charizard lvl 63
    Xerneas lvl 54
    Druddigon lvl 60
    Chesnaught lvl 63

and lots of Hyper potions, Revives
    Angron wrote: »
    Team is now:

Charizard level 38
    Blaziken level 37
    Chesnaught level 36
    Lucario level 34
    Tyrunt level 35
    Pangoro level 34

:eek:

I`ve got a level 10 Beedrill & Butterfree. :o
    Got myself a Farfetch`d (Level 10) for a Bunnelby (Level 4) in a trade with a hiker. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Thank christ I'm not alone. Have only just gotten the 1st badge and everyone is lv 10 or lower. This game is a nuzlocker's dream though

Banjo wrote: »
    Thank christ I'm not alone. Have only just gotten the 1st badge and everyone is lv 10 or lower. This game is a nuzlocker's dream though

Finding it hard to get the time but really enjoying it. First game in a while that has me going to the PC and swapping my 6 Pokemon around and levelling up new catches. Can't find a Pansear though, god a Panpour easy and then a Pansage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Loving the game definitely worthy of the 3DS architecture,looks and plays amazing.

Just at first city will collect my mystery gift and managed to pick up a pickachu along the way, hope to get squirtel soon :).

GTR63 wrote: »
    Can't find a Pansear though, god a Panpour easy and then a Pansage.

Crap, I was giving Pansears away like candy on wonder gift earlier. I might have one left, I'll hook you up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just over and done with the elite 4

Found it to be one of the easiest elite 4 i have ever faced in a pokmon game
    But the last battle of the Elite 4 V what ever your ones name is was a bit hard to but like it was still easy

My party for the elite 4 where
    Delphox LV80
    Blastoise LV70
    Pidgeot LV68
    Gogoat LV69
    Lucario LV68
    Xerneas LV63
    Also was nice after the end of the game to get the grass starter from the small girl

I will say one of the best 6 pokemon i have ever used in the game as i have nearly every area covered for a battle with so many different types of pokemon being there.

One of my fave pokemon of the new game is Gogoat at LV69 i have Grass, water and rock type moves that i can use with him. Has a high HP and is just a cool looking pokemon

Considering i Havant left the house all weekend thanks to playing pokemon but i dont think i have enjoyed a pokemon game so much in my life as it just looks epic and the battles are fast and don't take a age to play any more.

Its hard to be leave that 14 years ago when i was a 7 year old child i got my 1st pokemon game witch was pokemon Red and i still love the games to this day. Like i was on the phone to my 10 year old nephew about the game in witch i cant wait to play him online with battles when he is over and done with the game as hes a very good at pokemon he knows more about all the new pokemon then i did LoL.

But would not mind playing some online battles with people any idea of online works in pokemon x ?

Do i need to post up my 3DS code or something ?

Crap, I was giving Pansears away like candy on wonder gift earlier. I might have one left, I'll hook you up!

If you don't have any I'm near the starting area and was picking them up like candy also (was looking for panpour). Let me know and I can send ya one .

The new Xps on catch is crazy my first mon is level 15 and I haven't done first badge fight I just picked up a **** done of mons in the area before first city .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm crawling through this one. 35 hours, 2 badges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

cloud493 wrote: »

What you been doing ??????

Being that slow is not posable !!!!!!

Took me 17 hours and had over 40 pokemon in my PC as well !!!

cloud493 wrote: »

The awkard moment when you realize the games only been out 48-72hrs :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm not online so I can't. The Torchic is mocking me also, the fecker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have they made the "It hurt itself in its confusion" effect more likely to hit? I feel as if every time I get hit with the confusion status effect, my Pokemon mauls itself to death? :(

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new look? It's fine for battles, but the overworld just feels wrong...

Have they removed the awesome Rustling Grass (ie XP farm) feature from Gen 5?

Also, why is there an option to ogle yourself in the mirror after changing clothes? Was picking a male avatar a rookie mistake?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new look? It's fine for battles, but the overworld just feels wrong...

Also, why is there an option to ogle yourself in the mirror after changing clothes? Was picking a male avatar a rookie mistake?

Nah man, I love it.

It's a massive step up. Every year for the last 7, myself and the gf bought both games. We found Black/White to be a little laborious and honestly, we didn't get W2/B2.

We are both loving this...I actually cannot remember being this excited about the franchise in an age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Nope, I was walking up that path (the one to the fancy château where the guy lost his furfrou) a few days ago and a bush was rustling and an audino popped out! It must be only in certain parts of the game you can find it. Like how ferroseeds drop from the ceiling in certain caves etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads and Ladies,
    Can someone please explain to me the Effort Values and how ST affects them?

It's all totally over my head tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Good god, Azumarill is a BEAST now!! Waterfall, Play Rough, Double Edge, and Ice Punch with Huge Power is just sick! Loving Heliolisk from the new crew. Glorious coverage with Surf, and ruins water types' day with it's Dry Skin ability! The game is physically beautiful too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If you defeat a spearow you get +1 speed EV to your pokemon, for every 4 EVs you get +1 speed base stat

Different pokemon give different EVs.

No idea about this Super Training thing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Think I'm gonna pick up a 2DS today, I'd love the 3ds xl but I really can't afford it right now. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads and Ladies,
    Can someone please explain to me the Effort Values and how ST affects them?

It's all totally over my head tbh.

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Trying to find a decent place for postgame levelling is a bloody nightmare. I hope this Chateau gets MUCH stronger, or my Hall of Fame will have a lot of weird entries...

• Advertisement

Have they made the "It hurt itself in its confusion" effect more likely to hit? I feel as if every time I get hit with the confusion status effect, my Pokemon mauls itself to death? :(

I noticed that Burby or whatever that hanging plant is when it used Protect it worked at least 2/3 times.
    Love that the game saves much quicker nowdays, ya I noticed that.

Where did you see a Burmy? I saw a female once, but I can't remember where and due to an accidental critical hit I didn't catch the one I saw. It has to be somewhere before the 2nd gym. Because I haven't gotten there yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Where did you see a Burmy? I saw a female once, but I can't remember where and due to an accidental critical hit I didn't catch the one I saw. It has to be somewhere before the 2nd gym. Because I haven't gotten there yet :)

They're on Route 3

Deano7788 wrote: »
    They're on Route 3

Yup I usually get them in bunches which is weird none for 3/4 encounters then 2 in a row. Must get me first badge tonite. :o

Bought X and a 2DS today, played about an hour and a half and I have my first badge.

Chespin lv10
    Fletchling lv13

Holding out for Squirtle and Torchic, trying not to go on a catching spree and concentrate on the training.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Bought X and a 2DS today, played about an hour and a half and I have my first badge.

Chespin lv10
    Fletchling lv13

Holding out for Squirtle and Torchic, trying not to go on a catching spree and concentrate on the training.

You get xp from catching so worth doing it and with the new Xp thing also worth it .

Calhoun wrote: »
    You get xp from catching so worth doing it and with the new Xp thing also worth it .

Ah let him focus! Once you start catching and training what you catch you're done for!

Ah let him focus! Once you start catching and training what you catch you're done for!
    [poker face]What you do is you catch every pokemon in an area and stay there until you have them all up to their max levels, and then go on.[/poker face]

In all seriousness, though, I'm trying to remember where something was. Somewhere along the way there was a kind of battle arena where you get a title. You go from Viscount initially... Anyway, I haven't been by there in a long time and can't remember what it was near. Anyone know?

[poker face]What you do is you catch every pokemon in an area and stay there until you have them all up to their max levels, and then go on.[/poker face]

In all seriousness, though, I'm trying to remember where something was. Somewhere along the way there was a kind of battle arena where you get a title. You go from Viscount initially... Anyway, I haven't been by there in a long time and can't remember what it was near. Anyone know?

What you do actually is catch all pokemon in the area even if you don't really want them. The duds will go into the PC box and wish for a life that could have been if they did something cool, the good ones or the ones you want will have the pleasure of laying the beatdown on the would be losers or duplicates.

There should be a way to set the PC box to a fight to the death mode and the victor basically could earn a spot on your team.

I take more joy in slaying the Pokemon. The little ****s don't deserve to be caught.

Torchic received, didn't realise it was a mystery gift thing, two fire birds on my team... I'll be getting rid of the new guy I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Got my first Street pass Pokemon hit today :D can't remember what item I got but it's cool to see people bringing their 3DS about.

Got Yveltal earlier, not too shabby of a pokemon really.

Oh. That's what I do - lvl 10 before gym 1, 15 for gym 2 etc. Catch all the 'mon, train them all up. Is that not what everyone does? Have I been doing it wrong for 14 years?

Oh. That's what I do - lvl 10 before gym 1, 15 for gym 2 etc. Catch all the 'mon, train them all up. Is that not what everyone does? Have I been doing it wrong for 14 years?
    That isn't what I said. I said you get every one in an area, and max them out (i.e level 100) before leaving said area. I don't think anyone does that.

That isn't what I said. I said you get every one in an area, and max them out (i.e level 100) before leaving said area. I don't think anyone does that.

..... Yet! If I've learned anything about pokémon players its that their sense of achievement is hard wired to their brain's masochism centre. Who's up for a Centurion run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Put up 4 Houndours on the gts and got Finnekin, Chespin, Bulbasuar and Squirtle only took 2mins they were flying off due to being a x exclusive :)

So, with the 8 gyms down, my team:

Xemeas (61)
    Charizard (68)
    Pikachu (64)
    Meowstic (64)
    Lapras (61)
    Chesnaught (68)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm finding it tricky to remember what is weak to what nowadays. Like there is logic to some of it but no logic to others.

For example, lets take Fairy.

Fairy being strong against Dark doesn't make a lot of sense. Dark could just as easily have been strong against Fairly.....it's an arbitrary choice. And then Ghost is strong against Fairly which sort of makes sense but Bug is weak against Fairy...............because why?

You can fathom poison being strong against Fairy due to poison apples in fairy tales etc but what possible reason could Steel and fighting have for being strong against fairy? Because of that time Bruce Lee beat up tinker bell?!? Like I said.....arbitrary. I miss the days of fire beats grass and grass beats water but water beats fire. :D

I realise they need to balance things and I feel this is the best balance they've had yet but it can be quite confusing to keep it all in check. Like you see a certain type and think "okay, ill swap this guy in" and then he gets one shotted. :P

After twenty hours I have it down a little better but I still make the odd mistake. My team is very well balanced on paper, every avenue is covered. It's me who occasionally gets it wrong.

Found it. It's on that road between Cyllage City and Camphrier Town... Pretty much directly south of Parfum Palace.

• Advertisement

4.5 hours in and still only 1 badge, I'd usually be almost finished by now, this is a welcome change.

Advertisement