Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

Nah, I already have a Tyrogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

OiOshawott wrote: »
    Nah, I already have a Tyrogue.

It was more of a tell me if you want one not if you dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

It was more of a tell me if you want one not if you dont.
    Yeah I know, I would have wanted one if I didn't have one already, so I said that just to say I didn't need one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wouldn't mind one, kinda want a Hitmonlee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Do more Pokemon get released after the Elite Four? I thought they would but haven't noticed any in the random routes I checked.

Only one casualty in the Pokemon league. Snorlax against the water one because I didn't expect Cross Chop. Most of the others were a OHKO. Brought five plus a Pupitar that I'm evolving. Pupitar never left it's Pokeball while Farfetch'd, my strongest, was used once. Think I slightly over estimated them.

Angron wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind one, kinda want a Hitmonlee.
    time you be on??
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Do more Pokemon get released after the Elite Four? I thought they would but haven't noticed any in the random routes I checked.

Only one casualty in the Pokemon league. Snorlax against the water one because I didn't expect Cross Chop. Most of the others were a OHKO. Brought five plus a Pupitar that I'm evolving. Pupitar never left it's Pokeball while Farfetch'd, my strongest, was used once. Think I slightly over estimated them.

Eh friend safari comes available is pretty much it afaik

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can be on shortly, there anything you need?

if you have either a glacion,umbreon,sylveon or the non tyrunt fossil that'd be great, otherwise anything at all will do, I'll transfer you the one that evolves into hitmonlee, checked it earlier just hope i pick the right one ha

Sylveon it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

if you have either a glacion,umbreon,sylveon or the non tyrunt fossil that'd be great, otherwise anything at all will do, I'll transfer you the one that evolves into hitmonlee, checked it earlier just hope i pick the right one ha

Hey man I'll be on later at about 7-8 any chance I can get a tyrogue off you ? Got a Glacion

MGMTea wrote: »
    Hey man I'll be on later at about 7-8 any chance I can get a tyrogue off you ? Got a Glacion

I should be able to get on between 7-7:30 tonight, after that it wont be till the wee hours, heading to kerbdog tonight

Have to say the pokebank debacle is really embarrassing for Nintendo. How did they seriously not think that releasing something for what is practically their biggest selling franchise now days over christmas not going to have increased christmas users. And to only release it in japan for a day sends a clear message to non japanese users.

Also the fact that have kept their mouths shut and not come out with a release date over a week later is pretty bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Have to say the pokebank debacle is really embarrassing for Nintendo. How did they seriously not think that releasing something for what is practically their biggest selling franchise now days over christmas not going to have increased christmas users. And to only release it in japan for a day sends a clear message to non japanese users.

Also the fact that have kept their mouths shut and not come out with a release date over a week later is pretty bad form

It's pissing me off that I'm stuck with pre-bank mons for the most part, and have to beg for a fecking KOFFING on the GTS from Japanese players. The worst thing is, Thunderus is now back EVERYWHERE, making a really weird metagame :-/

Has anyone gotten the Strange Souvenir? Only heard about it today so have to try find the hiker now.

It was all of Asia apparently. Not just Japan.

I dont have any Gen V games so I'm not too fussed about it since I'll be relying on WonderTrade kindness and the GTS. I'll get one eventually since I doubt I'll be lucky enough to get legendaries without them.

It was all of Asia apparently. Not just Japan.

I dont have any Gen V games so I'm not too fussed about it since I'll be relying on WonderTrade kindness and the GTS. I'll get one eventually since I doubt I'll be lucky enough to get legendaries without them.

I actually have a good few copies of legendaries that are legit when it comes ****ing online the *****

• Advertisement

Sounds like the Bank will be online soon. Apparently it is being tested in Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Is it back on the Japanese eshop? Might try download it if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Is it back on the Japanese eshop? Might try download it if it is.

not yet I don't think. It's doing my head in, they are actually giving interviews about it without giving a new release date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I don't know... part of me loves the GTS wrangling to get a Bank-only pokemon, breed it and try to upsell to a better bank-only mon, with the hope that I'll be able to breed a shiny rattata with perfect IVs and trade for a few legends..

My hope is that people will breed and WonderTrade the Bank Pokemon. I don't care about IV etc so I'll happily take breeding rejects for my Living Pokedex. I'm actually surprised by the amount available already. I'm close to 500 on my Pokedex but have seen people with 600+.

Side note, is there only the four legendaries in X? Last game I played was Platinum and that had loads.

• Advertisement

My hope is that people will breed and WonderTrade the Bank Pokemon. I don't care about IV etc so I'll happily take breeding rejects for my Living Pokedex. I'm actually surprised by the amount available already. I'm close to 500 on my Pokedex but have seen people with 600+.

Side note, is there only the four legendaries in X? Last game I played was Platinum and that had loads.

3 to be released. Seen a finished dex. Fecking japs. BTW hacked mon were all over the bank when it was released, the security measures were all talk

Arawn wrote: »
    3 to be released. Seen a finished dex. Fecking japs. BTW hacked mon were all over the bank when it was released, the security measures were all talk

From my understanding, the bank was never intended to catch hacks, just illegal Pokemon. So a Charizard with Wonderguard, Thunder and IV's over 31 or something similar.

From my understanding, the bank was never intended to catch hacks, just illegal Pokemon. So a Charizard with Wonderguard, Thunder and IV's over 31 or something similar.

yeah....they are hacks which they failed to stop. There was a mon with thick fat before it was released on it

If anyone wants some breeding rejects I have Buneary (with Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch and Switcheroo. I know that's not a viable move set. But it was fun getting it on there! Now I think about it though, with limited time available I must have killed about a week breeding these guys) ; Swellow /Taillow - whichever is the level 1 version of that bird - they're just spares, no crazy egg move/IV breeding going on ; a spare Porygon, a couple of Goldeen; some Feebas with 5 perfect IVs (though I kind of want to keep 'em :) ) and one female with only 3; Assorted starters from Gens 2-4;

I picked up a couple of others over the last few days - Tynamo, Finneon, Rattata, Seedot, slakoth and Yamask - and can try breeding them off on request.

Incidentally, I've become a little obsessed with egg moves but lack coherent direction, so have been breeding any old crap onto a number of 'mon without any consideration for what might actually work, like my yawn/curse/wish Eevee collection and my "elemental fist" Buneary. Can someone please steer me in a constructive direction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Banjo wrote: »
    Incidentally, I've become a little obsessed with egg moves but lack coherent direction, so have been breeding any old crap onto a number of 'mon without any consideration for what might actually work, like my yawn/curse/wish Eevee collection and my "elemental fist" Buneary. Can someone please steer me in a constructive direction?

Curse and wish work really well with Umbreon. I got destroyed in a wifi battle against an Umbreon with Wish, Curse, Refresh (which Eevee gets at lvl 20 I think) and Payback (TM move). I have been working on one myself.

I'd advise anyone trying for one to not use an Eevee with Anticipation as its ability as that will result in Umbreon's ability being Inner Focus which is not terrible but not great. Synchronize is Umbreon's best ability and I think one gets that from an Eevee with Adaptability as its ability.

They don't really have a competitive list for X&Y, but if you look at a pokémon on smogon it'll give ideas for moves for that one. For instance, Umbreon. May take a bit of work to figure out what's an egg move, what's a TM, and what's a level up move.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Here's the list of competitive analyses that have been completed.

Run Away or Adaptability on an Eevee will result in Synchronise for Umbreon. Yawn is good on a Baton Pass team Jolteon coupled with Substitute, Baton pass, and Thunderbolt. Wish is great on Special Wall Sylveon or Physical Wall Vaporeon due to their massive HP.

Was wandering around in the grass above Ambrette the other day when I got jumped by a horde of Seviper. Except there were only 4 of them, and in the middle of it all was a Zangoose. Weirdly, all of the Seviper attacked her instead of me, and try as I might I couldn't pick them off fast enough or disable them to save the Zangoose (and then catch her and throw her into a Pokébox, never to be seen again :)) nor did I have any healing options. It was a nice little nod to the game lore though, and made an otherwise boring chore (they were level 8, my lead was level 48, so it was hardly going to be a close-run thing) quite tense and exciting. Are there any other weird little events like that lurking in the game code?

Yeah, that happens. One game you can only get Zangoose in a Seviper horde, and the other game it's a Seviper in a Zangoose horde. There's others like Miltank and Tauros, but they don't attack each other.

Just checked, Heatmor and Durant will attack each other in horde battles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Just pray you don't get a shiny Zangoose in that horde :)

I caught Zangoose by
    giving Earthquake to a fairly low level but fast Pokemon (possibly Diglett) - it took out all the Sevipers and left Zangoose with a tiny sliver of health, ready for catching. I was very pleased with myself

• Advertisement

the sheer amount of sites with " pokebaqnk release date expected to be announced today* " is really pathetic way to drum up traffic. Until one starts with nintendo confirm I wont be going that way. I did like the tweet about it being released on feb 29th though, the amount of idiots saying feburary doesnt have a 29th day clearly don't get the joke

* no offical word from nintendo

Wonder Trade is not being kind to me tonight. Best I've gotten was Omanyte which I don't need. A lot of releases coming this batch.

Spend your Poké Miles: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/mileage/13816710-1dd2-11b2-0000-242d50cf1ff7/game/?levelId=8b7a44aa-fbd9-4276-9605-871729a59f44&attractionType=0

It's easy as hell but the prizes seem to be random. You can get Up-Grade, Reaper Cloth etc along with Leaf Stones, Moon Stones etc. it only costs 100 miles so it's well worth the 10 seconds it takes to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Damn, so bored waiting for pokebank. Caught them all in Kalos. Managed to get all starter pokemon from each gen now I need a new project.

MGMTea wrote: »
    Damn, so bored waiting for pokebank. Caught them all in Kalos. Managed to get all starter pokemon from each gen now I need a new project.

You should be able to complete your Pokédex now via GTS and WonderTrade. You likely won't get a Living Pokédex, but you could do the regular one by trading upwards each time.

It seems bank is live in Japan. Europe is usually last so it'll be another few days at least assuming they don't find more problems.

It seems bank is live in Japan. Europe is usually last so it'll be another few days at least assuming they don't find more problems.

literally can't care until it's released here

Some kid in Japan traded his Yveltal for my Scyther w/ Metal Coat. He must have really wanted Scizor! That also completed my living Kalos Dex and I'm now about 90 short of my living National Pokédex. Unfortunatly about 30 of them are legendaries. Have another Scyther w/ Metal Coat up on the GTS and am hoping that wasn't a one off.

Any tips for Hitmontop? Can't get the defence and attack to stay equal. Only non legendary (plus Unown who is as rare as one right one) I'm missing from the first two and a half gens.
    literally can't care until it's released here

I hoping for better variety on WonderTrade and easier trades on GTS.

Some kid in Japan traded his Yveltal for my Scyther w/ Metal Coat. He must have really wanted Scizor! That also completed my living Kalos Dex and I'm now about 90 short of my living National Pokédex. Unfortunatly about 30 of them are legendaries. Have another Scyther w/ Metal Coat up on the GTS and am hoping that wasn't a one off.

Any tips for Hitmontop? Can't get the defence and attack to stay equal. Only non legendary (plus Unown who is as rare as one right one) I'm missing from the first two and a half gens.

I hoping for better variety on WonderTrade and easier trades on GTS.

If you want to stop breeding, I can trade you one in a few days, freind has the ds.

• Advertisement

I have the Oval Charm so eggs are done in less than 30 seconds. It's keeping them equal that's the problem.

I'll keep trying it anyway, but let me know when you can trade in case it hasn't happened yet. Do you want anything in particular for it?

I have the Oval Charm so eggs are done in less than 30 seconds. It's keeping them equal that's the problem.

I'll keep trying it anyway, but let me know when you can trade in case it hasn't happened yet. Do you want anything in particular for it?

nah once bank opens ill be sorted for most so not picky just throw anything out

I'll download bank on my Japanese 3DS later so and see how it goes.

Hi Pokémon fans, sorry it's taken until now before we could give you an update on Pokémon Bank. Today we can inform you that the Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter services have now resumed operation in various Asian territories. We'll be closely monitoring players' experiences as we prepare for the European release. We're aware many of you are eager to start using these services so once again we want to apologise for the delay, and thank you for your patience and your interest.

Or in other words, STILL no word on an EU release :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm debating whether this is my favorite Pokemon game or the worst. Quite a toughie.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm debating whether this is my favorite Pokemon game or the worst. Quite a toughie.
    Take away the graphics and new mon. It has regressed story wise, which is a bad thing

• Advertisement

So I got pokemon bank and pokemover up and running. Not sure I like the way it only lets you add everything in box 1 of the game you're transferring from at one time. Still, it's handy enough and works and I got a free celebi.

If anyone needs any pokemon from previous gens let me know.

Got my Hitmontop today for a Phanphy. The Clefairy one was gone before I could confirm it :mad: For me, that's the most annoying aspect of the game "this Pokémon has already been traded."

Also got a second Mewtwo in exchange for Porygon w/ Up-Grade. Just got Unown for a Chimecho and earlier got a Phione for a Chimecho. Guess they are popular? If anyone wants a Phione let me know. I have about 15 of them before I got bored hatching.

As for my Living Pokédex, I'm missing the legendaries (bar those in game and Phione) and a couple of evolutions of Pokémon I have ready to go. Hopefully Pokébank sees an increase of legendaries available, then I won't need to buy a gen 5 game :D

If you do need a Gen 5 game and all the Tesco €5 ones are gone, you can get White 2 from Argos for €18 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I'm creating an Eevee party at the moment for the craic, currently breeding for natures and then going to EV train them using special training. Anyone got any recommendations on:

Which six evolutions to pick?
    Which natures are best for each one?
    What way should I EV train them?

So far I'm thinking:
    Flareon (Adamant, for attack)
    Vaporeon (Bold, for tanking)
    Leafeon
    Jolteon (Timid, for insane speed)
    Sylveon
    Glaceon

Any suggestions? I'm also not sure at what level to evolve them, I'm assuming getting all of the Eevee moves and then using heart scales to get the evolved moves I've missed is the best strategy?

Didnt know about the Tesco thing. I'll have a look there as soon as I can.

Quick IV breeding question. I've got Torchic up to 2 IV's each. But it won't go any higher. Is the Destiny Knot preventing it? Am I better going without it for another while?

• Advertisement
Advertisement