Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I reprogram my sensors with Engineer Code

Options
  • 07-01-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have an Eircom Phonewatch Premier Wireless Alarm System. Recently we had some building work carried out on the house and they disconnected the electrics for 3 days. Unfortunately the alarm system shut down. Eircom Customer Service have informed me that the sensors/system need reprogramming as it has lost it's memory and will not work. After some wrangling i have requested the Engineer Code but i do not know hwo to reprogamme the sensors. Can anybody help me with this? I have attached a picture of the miodel of alarm i am talking about.

Thanks in advance of your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have an Eircom Phonewatch Premier Wireless Alarm System. Recently we had some building work carried out on the house and they disconnected the electrics for 3 days. Unfortunately the alarm system shut down. Eircom Customer Service have informed me that the sensors/system need reprogramming as it has lost it's memory and will not work. After some wrangling i have requested the Engineer Code but i do not know hwo to reprogamme the sensors. Can anybody help me with this? I have attached a picture of the miodel of alarm i am talking about.

Thanks in advance of your help

It is a very old system. I would recommend getting Eircom to do this for you. If you damage any of the sensors on this system there will be no way of replacing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Blackrock63

Hi Altor, thanks for the reply. I am not too worried about damaging the sensors. If i do then i will look to replace the alarm system all together as Eircom PW requires us to have a phone line and neither me nor my wife use this as we both have mobile telephones. We have SKY+ but are looking to move to UPC for TV, Phone, Broadband etc and i believe that Eircom PW doesn't work with UPC line so if i damage the alarm then we will look to change all of the above and the alarm too.

Any guidance on reprogramming would be most appreciated.

If i do damage it, what system, supplier and fitter would you recommend? Do you provide this service

Thanks,
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Altor, thanks for the reply. I am not too worried about damaging the sensors. If i do then i will look to replace the alarm system all together as Eircom PW requires us to have a phone line and neither me nor my wife use this as we both have mobile telephones. We have SKY+ but are looking to move to UPC for TV, Phone, Broadband etc and i believe that Eircom PW doesn't work with UPC line so if i damage the alarm then we will look to change all of the above and the alarm too.

Any guidance on reprogramming would be most appreciated.

If i do damage it, what system, supplier and fitter would you recommend? Do you provide this service

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi Alan,

It is an old system.
    I have done battery replacements with this system but never programmed one. You would need P.W to do this for you.

Advertisement