Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should I goto to buy a medium (20-30L) sized planetary mixer?

Options
  • 07-01-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi
    we've been supplying a local shop now for 5 years with handmade GF bread out of our own wheat-free separate domestic equipped kitchen (have a pair of nearly knackered now Kenwood Chefs and 2 normal domestic ovens and a packaging machine)
    Recently things have really taken off and we've been invited to supply a major sandwich chain and this means I have to look at the whole question of workplace equipment....
    The problem is there seems to be that its difficult to make a gentle foray into the next step up...most hardware beyond what I've got seems to be full on almost industrial scale....3 phase & costing €€€thousands that I'd never ever see back on my outlay given margins are so tight

I have seen examples of Hobart-style 20-40L single phase planetary mixers on EBAY that might meet the need but the problem is these traders are UK, German or Polish and I'm worried about warranty not to mention the shipping cost is heavy

Would appreciate any pointers if anyone been thru this or knows of of a supplier on the island of Ireland that can supply medium sized planetary mixer to us?

thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This is not a Food & Drink issue. I don't know where to move it. Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ivorsflutter

You should be able to get them on donedeal like this one, think you can buy a converter if needs be for 3 phase.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cateringfittings/4362277

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Faith wrote: »
    This is not a Food & Drink issue. I don't know where to move it. Anyone have any ideas?

Entrepreneurship forum? Few heads in there may have some experience

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Faith wrote: »

Entrepreneurial and Business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Stheno wrote: »
    Entrepreneurial and Business?

Great minds and all that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mr j tayto

Who should I go to to buy a medium (20-30L) sized planetary mixer?

Hi Martco,
    If you PM me I might be able to help you with a Hobart ( excellent condition) 20QT industrial mixer on stainless steel mobile stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - You've been given a few suggestions & also the offer of some suitable kit. As the forum is not for commercial purposes I am closing this thread now.

A final word: mr j tayto - please use Adverts.ie if you wish to flog gear, even if asked here.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement