Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 alarm (61 call engineer) and no code

Options
  • 07-01-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,
    I hope some of the very helpfull and knowledgeable posters I've wittnessed here can help me out. I just moved into a new house and there is an Astec 63 alarm system in place.

The house was previously rented and the tenants never used the alarm and it is not possible to get the code.

When I switched off the mains power recently to do some work, the outside bell went off. It stopped when I put the power back on but now I have the "61 call engineer" on top of display and "Fault" with a flashing "Battery" on the bottom.

I have read in other posts about replacing the battery which I have no prob having a go at but is it possible to try and reset the code without setting the system off?

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It needs a battery for starters. It will also need to be defaulted if the code is not known.
    To try a factory default turn off the mains power & remove the battery link at the top right hand side. Remove the factory link at the top left hand side & power back up. If the panel defaulted you can disarm using the factory code Clear 4711 . If that does not work you will need an engineer to call out to reset it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gdrum

KoolKid wrote: »
    It needs a battery for starters. It will also need to be defaulted if the code is not known.
    To try a factory default turn off the mains power & remove the battery link at the top right hand side. Remove the factory link at the top left hand side & power back up. If the panel defaulted you can disarm using the factory code Clear 4711 . If that does not work you will need an engineer to call out to reset it for you.

Thanks for the reply Koolkid!

When I remove the links do I reconnect them again before turning power back on? And if the factory code is unsuccessful will I set the alarm off?

I will pick up a battery and give it a go. Just one last thing. If it works do I have to reprogram the whole system or is that what the engineer has to do if it fails?

Thanks again and really appreciate your response!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You power it back up with the factory link still off. The alarm will activate. If it defaulted successfully you can disarm it by pressing Clear 4711.
    The system will need to be reprogrammed at this point to be operational again.
    But there is not a lot to it, about 10 -15 commands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gdrum

KoolKid wrote: »
    You power it back up with the factory link still off. The alarm will activate. If it defaulted successfully you can disarm it by pressing Clear 4711.
    The system will need to be reprogrammed at this point to be operational again.
    But there is not a lot to it, about 10 -15 commands.

Ok thanks I'll give if a shot...

Its easy enough. Any problems give us a shout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement