Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gate intercom

• 07-01-2013 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Any recommendations on a gate intercom?. I have wired from gate pier to house using Cat5 and coax. Budget probably wont stretch to video so it will likely be audio only.

Was looking at Comelit 8241 which includes a keypad which could be used to open an eventual electric sliding gate. Am i right in saying that the 8241 kit would require addition relay(s) to trigger gate opening and that i should pre wire from intercom to electic gate opener (via IP rated cabinet) for this?

Looking on web the comelit external units look nice with blue leds. But i hate the internal phones which i thinks look so 1980's.

Saw BPT Perla units online. The internal audio unit looks more like what Im after but the BPT external units looks very industrial.

In an ideal world the external comelit with internal BPT Perla audio unit would be great but im guessing you cannot mix and match?

Any suggestions would be most welcome for my cat5 pre wiring. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

ACTentry A5 is cheap and cheerful.
    Comelit powercode with a planux or bravo entry phone would be better.
    No additional relays needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Jnealon wrote: »
    ACTentry A5 is cheap and cheerful.
    Comelit powercode with a planux or bravo entry phone would be better.
    No additional relays needed

Is comelit powercode with planux/bravo entry phone compatible with cat5 and coax cable? House is 60m from gate

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

Hey OP.
    What did you use in the end?
    I am looking to replace my 2 wire audio intercom system but struggling to find a replacement.
    Mine is battery operated at the handset inside the house......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Hi All,

Apologies for hijacking the thread...

I have a Comelit Style 5 kit with 3 x 2602 phone units installed.

Is it possible to add a Comelit 8241 kit to this system...I've recently installed electric gates and want to put a keypad and intercom at the gates. The location is prewired with 7 core SWA (not sure of diameter but its fairly substantial) and is about 20m from the house.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Advertisement