Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked screen on lumia 820 - screen not responding

Options
  • 07-01-2013 5:31pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 120 ✭✭

As the heading says, only had the phone a week and had trouble trying to get the case open. Tried to 'wedge' it open in the wee gap at the top and cracked the screen. It now doesnt respond at all to touch , the background works and it comes on and off but the screen doesnt respond to touch.
    Anyone know if i have to get a replacement ( im not insured....) or if i can salvage what i have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I haven't a clue, but you're well named after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ludermor wrote: »
    As the heading says, only had the phone a week and had trouble trying to get the case open. Tried to 'wedge' it open in the wee gap at the top and cracked the screen. It now doesnt respond at all to touch , the background works and it comes on and off but the screen doesnt respond to touch.
    Anyone know if i have to get a replacement ( im not insured....) or if i can salvage what i have.

You can get a new touch screen digitizer with glass. Then everything should be brand new. Repair place would want about €80 to do it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 120 ✭✭ludermor

testicle wrote: »
    I haven't a clue, but you're well named after that!
    Yeah it wasnt my best moment!!

Davy wrote: »
    You can get a new touch screen digitizer with glass. Then everything should be brand new. Repair place would want about €80 to do it
    Thanks Davy , will look into it.

Just to follow up, i called into a phone repair shop and they replaced the screen for £80 ( in london) , a hell of a lot chaper than anywhere online.
    Now hopefully i wont be as stupid again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

ludermor wrote: »
    Just to follow up, i called into a phone repair shop and they replaced the screen for £80 ( in london) , a hell of a lot chaper than anywhere online.
    Now hopefully i wont be as stupid again!

Consider insurance :p

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭smacg

I'm after doing the same with a 520 and have the same problem. Anyone any idea how easy the screens are to replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

smacg wrote: »
    I'm after doing the same with a 520 and have the same problem. Anyone any idea how easy the screens are to replace?

Nearly identical to the 820, 8 screws and two ribbons iirc. The touch window can be done separately to the LCD also like 820

Advertisement