Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to St. Mary's Park?

Options
  • 07-01-2013 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

So it looks like i have to give up the car - too expensive and i can't walk very far so am moving nearer town - can't afford my house now either due to continuing illness and declining income, increasing taxes/costs etc. Same old story....

I've seen somewhere in St. Mary's park. I just wondered if anyone could tell me what it's like in there as i don't know the area and i live alone and can't take much stress anymore.

Or would anyone recommend anywhere near town? Ideally near aldi, chemists and dr's - i lead an exciting life :D

Kind Regards,
    Rose

PS As i read that back it sounds depressing - am not depressed about it at all. This has been coming for months so i'm all set to go... as soon as i know where i'm going :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

St marys is just like any other estate, has its good and bad elements . Saying that I live nearby and never hear of any major trouble from there.

Its close enough to several gp's and chemists and aldi or lidl are a 10-15 min walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

The saint Marys park wouldn't be a great area to be in there are a few families causing problems up there.
    If you were around the o'hanrahans ave or Macgamhna road end it would be much better:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭rosehip

Thanks for replying owryan and steder.

Steder, a big thank you to you - that is exactly what i need to know. Much appreciated.

Compared to those other places you mention, St. Mary's is a bit rundown and there is a boarded up house near where i was looking. I am very fortunate in that i have a buyer for my house and now i don't want to make a mistake.

PS what is St. killian's crescent like these days - does anyone know? I have lived there (renting in the past) and liked it but places change. It would be ideal for distance and no through traffic.

Kind Regards,
    Rose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

rosehip wrote: »
    Thanks for replying owryan and steder.

Steder, a big thank you to you - that is exactly what i need to know. Much appreciated.

Compared to those other places you mention, St. Mary's is a bit rundown and there is a boarded up house near where i was looking. I am very fortunate in that i have a buyer for my house and now i don't want to make a mistake.

PS what is St. killian's crescent like these days - does anyone know? I have lived there (renting in the past) and liked it but places change. It would be ideal for distance and no through traffic.

Kind Regards,
    Rose

Moved out of and am now just accross the road from the crescent. Sadly its not as quiet as it used to be, vandalism and noise issues are a problem . It used to be nearly all owner occupiers but a lot of houses are now rented out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭rosehip

You're a star Owryan - thank you for that. I love posting here for all the lovely help!

So, a tent then....:D

I swear this is my last request but can anyone recommend anywhere? I don't know a lot of the newer areas or graigue - will have to start stalking areas :D

Kindest Regards,

Rose

• Advertisement
Advertisement