Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

klose wrote: »
    Dunno why united fans are booing webb blowing it up, scoring into an empty goal with the keeper half unconcious on the floor would be beyond controversial

the fact that the ref didnt stop it when liverpool had the ball but then stops it as soon as united gets the ball is wrong.

it wasnt a head injury so no need to stop play, if liverpool didnt kick it out then united should be allowed to play on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dunno why united fans are booing webb blowing it up, scoring into an empty goal with the keeper half unconcious on the floor would be beyond controversial

It would, but it would have been Pool's decision to play on. If they wanted the game stopped, they had ample opportunity to stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We should be going into that dressing room more than one goal up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

That's about as one sided a half as you'll see all year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Well that was painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

But the fact Liverpool had the ball for a full 20-30 seconds and didn't kick it out, then lost it and then Webb blew it up when United had it.

Poor decision from Webb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Do you not remember that ad for milk years ago with Ian Rush and a kid talking about Accrington Stanley.

My post was a reference to that time (the 80s) when Liverpool were successful.

I'm genuinely shocked at how bad Liverpool are. As Dunphy would say, a rabble. Allen looks as bad a signing as Carroll. Not only do they have no money, but when they do have money, they p..s it away.

I'm sorry but you really are coming across as unknowledgeable about football maybe you should find another forum to post your ramblings on! You are doing your teams fans no favors with your posts on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Utd only had 53% of possession...really felt like more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He let Liverpool play on for quite a long time, if he was concerned about the keeper why not blow it up a minute earlier, why wait until United have the ball?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Would have liked to have seen that second go in but so far so good. Carrick has been a boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Completely dominant in the first half, so I expect us to fall to pieces in the second and Liverpool to get an equaliser without being especially good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't even got the comfort of blaming Webb - he's had a good game. Liverpool have been attrocious.

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Liverpool could do with bringing Dean Sturridge on, nevermind Daniel.

An utterly toothless and inept performance from Liverpool. Allen is a disgrace. Sterling looks like a nothing player - Completely overhyped. Gerrard looks past it.

Carrick possibly the best player on the pitch today.

I'm shocked at how bad Liverpool are. 4th place looks a million miles away. The gulf in class is astonishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Foul or not its disgraceful Webb didn't blow for an obvious blow to the head.

Regardless of the game, it should have been stopped as soon as it happened. Webb's responsibility, no one else's. he got it wrong. Disgusting. Glad he seems to be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nervous Nigel if you don't want to be hated by everyone including fellow Utd supporters you'd do well to throttle back a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Dreadful stuff. I know he's only a young lad, but he needs a few weeks out of the side imo.

Bad and all as he was Downing was atrocious, so much for experience.

Midfield getting bossed by Carrick and Cleverly says a hell of a lot.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

An utterly toothless and inept performance from Liverpool. Allen is a disgrace. Sterling looks like a nothing player - Completely overhyped. Gerrard looks past it.

I'm shocked at how bad Liverpool are. 4th place looks a million miles away. The gulf in class is astonishing.

Still only 1-0 though...believe! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Downing has been terrible and Sterling is offering very little. Sturridge should be on the start of the secod half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Allen reminds of what happened Enrique last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Liverpool insist on short passing where Manchester united are unafraid to mix it play it long and push up to force an error. Ferguson's tactics spot on imo.
    Should be 2 0 rvp should score

He let Liverpool play on for quite a long time, if he was concerned about the keeper why not blow it up a minute earlier, why wait until United have the ball?

The injured player was at the other end of the pitch while Liverpool were attacking therefore Reina wasn't at risk, when Utd won possession that changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Men against boys so far...shows how far Liverpool have slipped behind in recent years,lets hope the 2nd half there is a huge improvement and Henderson needs to be taken on our central midfield is way too slow to cope with Uniteds movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

double GG wrote: »
    But the fact Liverpool had the ball for a full 20-30 seconds and didn't kick it out, then lost it and then Webb blew it up when United had it.

Poor decision from Webb.

It was a bit odd but I suppose while Liverpool had the ball, Reina was not going to be involved in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Really? You'd be fine with Liverpool breaking up the pitch and scoring into an empty net with the goalkeeper injured on the floor?

you are essentially giving Liverpool a free attack with no repercussions. that cant be right. you chose to play on rather than put it out knowing your keeper was down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mars Bar wrote: »
    We should be going into that dressing room more than one goal up

We should be going into that dressing room more than one goal down.

I thought was Mr Alan on a wind up mission! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

United players looking very sharp, on their toes and closing down very quickly. Good first half but need to create more clear cut opportunities to kill the game off. Only 1-0 anything can happen.

I wonder will Young be back out for the second half? Hopefully Val has a good game if he comes on. The last time I remember being impressed by him was at Anfield earlier in the season.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Bad and all as he was Downing was atrocious, so much for experience.

Midfield getting bossed by Carrick and Cleverly says a hell of a lot.

This is really basic stuff and BR has failed to deal with it. We need a strong midfield to control the games not the likes of Allen and Shelvey. We need we bring in someone during the transfer window who can run the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Manc outclassing us so far. Rvp gets ball laid on a plate for him,Suarez has to do it all himself,so many times I feel sorry for the guy ,that first half as perfect example. The lad is way too good for us I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If a poster is posting rubbish or annoying you, report them or put them on ignore. They usually are the makers of their own downfall.

If you think someone is re-reg, report it or you'll be looking at a yellow yourself.

mike65 wrote: »
    Nervous Nigel if you don't want to be hated by everyone including fellow Utd supporters you'd do well to throttle back a bit.

I'm not an insecure individual with a need to be liked. I'm just calling it as I see it. The gulf in class is obvious. I'm a United fan, so the destruction of Liverpool by succesive regimes is mildly hilarious but as a football fan I find it sickening. If I was a Liverpool fan, I'd want this Rodgers experiment terminated ASAP. He's out of his depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Allen needs to be switched.get shelvey on, he can do no worse. Sturidge needs to get on for one of the wingers. someone needs to tell sterling to go to the ball, and when he does actually gets it he continually slows it down so united get organised. attack them! wisdom is very limited going forward. we are really really lucky to be just 1-0 down.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I really would appreciate it if you would reserve these type of comments for after the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Happy with it only being 1-0 at the moment - should be 2. Played crap but can do alot better in the 2nd half. We will see Sturridge - probably for henderson - and that might shake us up enough to start playing properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

This is really basic stuff and BR has failed to deal with it. We need a strong midfield to control the games not the likes of Allen and Shelvey. We need we bring in someone during the transfer window who can run the game.

We had that midfielder, he went to Dortmund the other day.

Liverpool poor. 1-0 keeps it alive though. Van Persie 5/1 next goal looks a great bet. Normally not impressed with Ray Winstones half time offers but looks value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Liverpool insist on short passing where Manchester united are unafraid to mix it play it long and push up to force an error. Ferguson's tactics spot on imo.
    Should be 2 0 rvp should score

Liverpool don't have the players to do anything else. Sturridge might offer that sort of physicality. He needs to come on. Neither Downing or Sterling have offered much.

Disappointing from Liverpool in attack. Only WBA have conceded more goals than Utd in the top 11 but they've looked completely comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

nevermind the couple of suicidal passes...Allen has been simply dreadful.

he's looked completely out of his depth.

Suarez and Johnson our only real threats.

Keep it tight if possible. Bring on Hendo for Allen now, then Sturridge for Downing after 60.

We should be out of it, but somehow we're not. and with Suarez anything is possible.

• Advertisement

The build up play to the goal really was sublime.

Allen needs to be switched.get shelvey on, he can do no worse. Sturidge needs to get on for one of the wingers. someone needs to tell sterling to go to the ball, and when he does actually gets it he continually slows it down so united get organised. attack them! wisdom is very limited going forward. we are really really lucky to be just 1-0 down.

Not Shelvey, Hendo. Shelvey would end up getting sent off.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Happy with it only being 1-0 at the moment - should be 2. Played crap but can do alot better in the 2nd half. We will see Sturridge - probably for henderson - and that might shake us up enough to start playing properly.

Henderson hasn't come on yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Need more goals, would like to see Valencia, if not for Young then to move him to the left and bring Kagawa into the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I really don't mind being outplayed by the better team, but fück me that Liverpool team have 2 or 3 players out there that have just failed to show up today and are literally passengers.

Rodgers needs to give em a good kick up the hole at halftime, and hopefully we see a better 45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Sterling is going to be a star in the game. He is only 18 and has already starred in many games.

I did, but I thought that the derby nature of the game might be more of a leveller.

Not sure about your insider code speak thereafter.

The gulf in class is obvious though, yeah (as I predicted)?

Hardly! Shelvey would mean less rather than more control, while probably not adding too much in the attack (due to less control) Hendo would be the wiser change. Sturridge for a wide man as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're mentioning that ''Haven't lost a league game.......'' stat too much.

Stop trying to jinx us!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement