Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Is Rooney injured if so on current form i could only see RVP getting into the Liverpool squad.

Anyway close game, I'll go Liverpool to win it in the 89 minute by controversial suarez penalty.

Pool 1 - 0 United - suarez

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is Rooney injured if so on current form i could only see RVP getting into the Liverpool squad.

Anyway close game, I'll go Liverpool to win it in the 89 minute by controversial suarez penalty.

According to The Mirror,Rooney might be on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I agree with this. Maybe with another 11 or so players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Is that one of those quotes from that @RAWK_meltdown twitter page??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Why?

Liverpool have played very well the last 2 games, united not so much, RVP carrying united a bit, actually perhaps Carrick too he has played well too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Liverpool have played very well the last 2 games, united not so much, RVP carrying united a bit, actually perhaps Carrick too he has played well too.

I'm not sure if you're serious, but anyway, playing well over 2 games doesnt mean that nobody bar Rooney, RVP or Carrick would get into a Liverpool squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I take it your ignoring the FA cup games in them last two games. So in the next two games ye beat teams in 14th and 20th with an aggregate score of 6-0. We also beat teams in 7th and 18th with an aggregate score of 6-0 but yet ye are playing very well and us "not so much".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ahh well United to win as Lucky set up the 2nd match thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Two strong defensive teams who rarely give anything away and generally have low scoring games. 4-3 or 4-4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is Rooney injured if so on current form i could only see RVP getting into the Liverpool squad
    How this guy can still post here is beyond me...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Rooney is out. Nani, Jones and Anderson in the squad.

Rooney is out. Nani, Jones and Anderson in the squad.
    Be nice to have Nani and Anderson available to come on if needed. Hopefully they won't be needed though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'd imagine that Hernandez will start with RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Pull yourself together man, its a big weekend - you ought to know!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sky Sports 1

Ref :

howard-webb.jpg?w=281&h=257

1Wp0Q.jpg

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hernandez will be a pest and * I can just picture him scoring a late winner. I would love LFC to have a player like him in the team.

* I hope I'm wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

cambo2008 wrote: »

How you still are is a mystery to all of us

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Whats even funnier are the people biting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ya if we could have Hernandez at LFC that would be great. Is Fergie more of a Welbeck man though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Ya if we could have Hernandez at LFC that would be great. Is Fergie more of a Welbeck man though?

You can have Welbeck, I will throw in Macheda as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

United to win 3-2.

It'll be 3-1 for a good while with Pool grabbing a second goal after 80 mins causing a nervy finish.

RVP to score at least 1.

Really looking forward to this, great day of ball on Sunday.. The hangover on Monday shall be embraced..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

bullvine wrote: »
    You can have Welbeck, I will throw in Macheda as well...

No your OK cheers. We've enough dross as it is!

leonidas83 wrote: »

How you still are is a mystery to all of us
    What I post is generally what I believe and my opinion on whatever it is I'm posting about.
    You really hold a grudge don't ya?
    Made you look a fool in a match thread, must have been over a year ago now, still can't let it go :pac:

I've never had my boards or soccer forum access removed, you're one to talk..,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Giddy up! The snow better hold off!

aag046.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Can one of the Utd lads tell me what the midfield may be if both RVP and Hennandez start as predicted.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

About ten people quoted him and one even thanked him...he got what he wanted. Anyway Luckycharms match thread, 5starpool not at the game can't see past a Liverpool win, despite playing terrible...but that's what champions do.

What I post is generally what I believe and my opinion on whatever it is I'm posting about.
    You really hold a grudge don't ya?
    Made you look a fool in a match thread, must have been over a year ago now, still can't let it go :pac:

I've never had my boards or soccer forum access removed, you're one to talk..,

Haha! u made me a look a fool??? the only fool around here is you who thinks your point is considered valid outside of any your manu forums. Are you not the poster who continually goes into other team talk discussions trying to wind other posters up, a bit pathetic if u ask me.

Now run along little boy with your fanboy posts, make sure you keep brown nosing the soccer mods so you can still hold your little record

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Slattsy wrote: »
    Can one of the Utd lads tell me what the midfield may be if both RVP and Hennandez start as predicted.

Thanks.

Young
    Carrick
    Cleverley
    Valencia

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

s_carnage wrote: »
    I take it your ignoring the FA cup games in them last two games. So in the next two games ye beat teams in 14th and 20th with an aggregate score of 6-0. We also beat teams in 7th and 18th with an aggregate score of 6-0 but yet ye are playing very well and us "not so much".

That poster is not a Liverpool fan. Please do not mix us in with him. The thought makes me shudder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Turtyturd wrote: »
    About ten people quoted him and one even thanked him...he got what he wanted. Anyway Luckycharms match thread, 5starpool not at the game can't see past a Liverpool win, despite playing terrible...but that's what champions do.

You have your team losing to sunderland, QPR, Stoke and Fulham, but beat United?
    3-0 Sunderland.
    'Onest 'Arry's men to lose on everything but goals scored.
    Win for Stoke.
    Fulham to win.

Haha! u made me a look a fool??? the only fool around here is you who thinks your point is considered valid outside of any your manu forums. Are you not the poster who continually goes into other team talk discussions trying to wind other posters up, a bit pathetic if u ask me.

Now run along little boy with your fanboy posts, make sure you keep brown nosing the soccer mods so you can still hold your little record
    Bit obsessed there are you? Following me around the place :pac:
    Sorry to break your little heart but I'm not interested :D

And no, I don't continually go into other teams threads to wind anyone up.

Fanboy posts??? Wtf are they?

You have your team losing to sunderland, QPR, Stoke and Fulham, but beat United?

Stoke one was correct....other 2 were obviously auto correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Stop with the petty sniping lads. It's only Friday morning...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GavRedKing wrote: »
    These threads are normally as entertaining as the matches themselves so should be interesting to say the least.

I can see Utd winning by 2 goals.

3-2 or 4-2 United. Goals galore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

common sense says a Utd win.

but i have a feeling the midfield battle will have a big, big say in this.

it will actually be fascinating to see Carrick-Cleverley versus Lucas-Allen, while also potentially throwing Anderson and Henderson into that mix.

If Liverpool sit, we're fúcked. we need to believe, like at Anfield, that we can match, and even dominate the centre of the pitch. even if it is at Old Trafford. force them back if we can, so that RVP gets more isolated and frustrated, like he was for much of the Anfield game.

if we give Suarez enough opportunities at one-on-ones with United defenders we could see some joy, but we have to keep the centre of the pitch compact so that we're not prone to the quick counter. it is our most obvious weakness.

my prediction...4-2 United.

oh and Fergie, please start Giggs. thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Stoke one was correct....other 2 were obviously auto correct.
    Good thing too, if all your predictions were right, ye'd be fighting relegation now :D

I'm going for a United win in another drab affair

Bit obsessed there are you? Following me around the place :pac:
    Sorry to break your little heart but I'm not interested :D

im heartbroken, from the state of your posts though it sounds like your taking more than enough pipe already;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I hope Utd humiliate them, once Suarez is kept quite their virtually ineffective. Rogers is a clown who somehow came to manage a once great club, his constant idiotic comments after each game are bewildering. I love watching Suarez purely for his comic entertainment value and the odd great goal.

• Advertisement

im heartbroken, from the state of your posts though it sounds like your taking more than enough pipe already;)
    Yea, because that's a sentence that makes loads of sense :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

For the record, I think it'll be 2-1 or 3-1 to utd. I can't see Liverpool successfully going toe to toe or being able to contain the utd attack if they sit back. Utd will have to play like dog**** for Liverpool to win I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The last couple of games have been close,despite the fact that United were the better team.
    If we go 2 up,we should push on instead of retreating into our shell & inevitably giving away a soft goal to make the rest of the game a nervy affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

SlickRic wrote: »
    common sense says a Utd win.

but i have a feeling the midfield battle will have a big, big say in this.

not really on both accounts.

United are extremely vulnerable in the air and i think Liverpools long ball style from the back is well suited to exploit this, as they have done practically in every game over the past 5 years between the sides.

if Liverpool ping long balls into the box as they always tend to do in these games, they can win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Frisbee wrote: »

I'm going to believe in the goodness of humanity and guess we might make it until 10am until someone gets a card.

We lasted until 12, impressive.

not really on both accounts.

United are extremely vulnerable in the air and i think Liverpools long ball style from the back is well suited to exploit this, as they have done practically in every game over the past 5 years between the sides.

if Liverpool ping long balls into the box as they always tend to do in these games, they can win it.

What's worse than this post?...the fact someone else is stupid enough to agree.

• Advertisement

Yea, because that's a sentence that makes loads of sense :pac:

like alot of your posts, anyway back to thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Liverpool to win 2-1 and lose next week at home to Norwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

What's worse than this post?...the fact someone else is stupid enough to agree.

Thanking does not equal agreement. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I fancy Liverpool. I really do.
    Rooney out is a big loss as he does a lot of the donkey work and makes things happen for RVP.
    The midfield battle is crucial. I fancy Gerrard to run all over Carrick and Cleverly. He should be able to dominate them.
    Young on Wisdom will be a big battle.

Suarez will cause damage, but whether he has to do it all on his own will depend on how much support he has and hopefully he doesnt get too frustrated if decisions dont go his way (cough Webb cough). I cant see Sturridge starting as he's not fit.
    Sterling has ben quiet of late so hopefully he can up his game against Rafael.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think it will be close and I genuinely believe we (Liverpool) can get something from the game. United are more vunerable at the back than usual so i would expect us to at least score which could make it interesting.

United are no doubt favourites but I don't expect an easy game for them and I would be surprised by a trashing or comfortable victory.

My prediction is that it will finish either 1-1, 2-1 United or 2-2.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement