Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Melion wrote: »
    We had that midfielder, he went to Dortmund the other day.

I hate to say it but BR never gave him a chance so no he would never be that midfielder for us...he obviously wasn't doing it in training. He will do well for Dortmund though, my mate is raving about him coming back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Leiva wrote: »
    I really don't mind being outplayed by the better team, but fück me that Liverpool team have 2 or 3 players out there that have just failed to show up today and are literally passengers.

Rodgers needs to give em a good kick up the hole at halftime, and hopefully we see a better 45.

2 or 3 is being very generous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't think anyone realised Reina was dazed bar Reina, like. It's not the end of the world that play was delayed a bit, Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Terrible,terrible game. Liverpool were rubbish and Utd slightly less rubbish. Awful stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

A few players need to take the finger out and show they are playing for LFC. Thought we would have more fight in our game against Utd. better see it second half or I will be pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Liverpool could do with bringing Dean Sturridge on, nevermind Daniel.

An utterly toothless and inept performance from Liverpool. Allen is a disgrace. Sterling looks like a nothing player - Completely overhyped. Gerrard looks past it.

Carrick possibly the best player on the pitch today.

I'm shocked at how bad Liverpool are. 4th place looks a million miles away. The gulf in class is astonishing.

The man speaks the truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

pretty much zero imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Melion wrote: »
    2 or 3 is being very generous.

The entire midfield has been asleep tbh

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Leiva wrote: »
    I really don't mind being outplayed by the better team, but fück me that Liverpool team have 2 or 3 players out there that have just failed to show up today and are literally passengers.

Rodgers needs to give em a good kick up the hole at halftime, and hopefully we see a better 45.

He's the problem, Leiva. Yes, there are substandard performers out there but he's running the show. He's not up to it. Start calling for his head if you love your club. That team is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Not Shelvey, Hendo. Shelvey would end up getting sent off.
    or gettin us back into it. depends on which version of him turns up..although ya Henderson prob the better option on recent form

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Hopefully the second half is a bit more competitive. Liverpool are really lacking in the middle of the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I did, but I thought that the derby nature of the game might be more of a leveller.

Really? Pretty much none of your pre-match talk suggested you thought that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

J. Marston wrote: »
    They're mentioning that ''Haven't lost a league game.......'' stat too much.

Stop trying to jinx us!

Keep mentioning it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Liverpool are always flogging a dead horse in this fixture, as bad as we are right now in the league United always take this fixture seriously. Its them that have the cup final mentality which is mad considering we should be the ones who are more up for it, given our lack of relevance in the title picture.

Very disjointed performance. Our attack is completely isolated and theres no defensive solidity to provide reason for our attack being isolated.

The slow build up is retarded and needs to be changes asap, teams just get behind the ball and keep their shape and our lack of guile is glaring.

Joe Allen is really struggling, both technically and physically. He fits into this whole theory of letting the ball do the work for you to cut out on unnecessary running, but you need to earn the right to play that kind of football.

This fixture was always going to end in one result in reality, Liverpool under Rodgers have one gameplan and struggles to adapt when its not going our way. Sure we change personnel but the overall thrust is the same.

For a midtable team you simply cannot play in such an ideological way unless absolutely everyone is on it 100%. When that was clearly not the case we should be reverting to dropping 2 midfielders in front of the defence making that final third very compact and hoping for a goal on the counters attack.

Allen has been exceptionally poor but our attacking support has been damn shameful and so easily snuffed out. Downing has to be the least dynamic player i've ever seen. If his A game isn't working he seems to think repetition is the answer. Very very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Sturridge coming on......warming up and kitted off already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Terrible,terrible game. Liverpool were rubbish and Utd slightly less rubbish. Awful stuff.

This is very accurate. Those poor, poor neutrals!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

It's only 1-0 at half time lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

I'm not an insecure individual with a need to be liked. I'm just calling it as I see it. The gulf in class is obvious. I'm a United fan, so the destruction of Liverpool by succesive regimes is mildly hilarious but as a football fan I find it sickening. If I was a Liverpool fan, I'd want this Rodgers experiment terminated ASAP. He's out of his depth.

You're talking rubbish about Rodgers. Liverpool have been far better this season than in the previous two. If sacking the manager is the solution to not being instantly challenging to win the league then Sir Alex would have gone in his first season. Think your the one who's out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Yess Valencia on, another goal soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Valenncia on and Sturridge on and Lucas off, which is 4-4-2 shirley?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Valencia in for Young.

or gettin us back into it. depends on which version of him turns up..although ya Henderson prob the better option on recent form

Shelvey hasn't turned up for a long time. He is coasting, doesn't track back when he loses the ball. Hendo has actually shown recently that he has a bit of fight in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fizman wrote: »

At least should help out Suarez a bit, I'd take Downing off.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nervous Nigel banned a week for trolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Fizman wrote: »

Allen off? Nice Val for ash, he's not played well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Yakult wrote: »
    A few players need to take the finger out and show they are playing for LFC. Thought we would have more fight in our game again Utd. better see it second half or I will be pissed.

Sher that means nothing anymore tbf. Showing fight and being up for it only gets you so far, Liverpool simply don't have the quality anymore.

Changes need to be made big time for Pool to have any chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sturridge and Suaraz a huge threat now, need more goals!!!

Valencia needs to find some ****ing form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Come on, Valencia, no dawdling on the ball. Please.

Sturridge coming on

• Advertisement

Sturridge is on for who???

EDIT : For Lucas??? Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Please Valencia, don't be crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Smart move by Liverpool to bring on Sturridge. Himself and Sturridge need to really test Vidic especially. Allen and Gerrard in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Aww crap Lucas off Allen still on :(

Sturridge for Lucas, boards is going to ****ing explode :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Sturridge on to save the day. Somehow Allen has managed to stay on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Liverpool are always flogging a dead horse in this fixture, as bad as we are right now in the league United always take this fixture seriously. Its them that have the cup final mentality which is mad considering we should be the ones who are more up for it, given our lack of relevance in the title picture.

There is no chance that you are not at least as much or more up for it. Not that it matters in professional football at all. It's just a gulf in class, nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lucas off?

Wow, 4-4-2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Lucas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Allen.

Edit: Lucas even.

Thats an adventurous change, Lucas off. Obviously going 442

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

I'm not an insecure individual with a need to be liked. I'm just calling it as I see it. The gulf in class is obvious. I'm a United fan, so the destruction of Liverpool by succesive regimes is mildly hilarious but as a football fan I find it sickening. If I was a Liverpool fan, I'd want this Rodgers experiment terminated ASAP. He's out of his depth.

You are unknowledgeable about football! You do no football fan any favors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Nervous Nigel banned a week for trolling

Poor guy! I reckon he opened his account for this game! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Pity lucas is gone, he was a weak link in the first half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

ffs Sturridge be greedy and shoot there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Can we ban Welbeck from taking shots?

/prepares to eat my words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

he had to try carry allen the 1st half who was the weakest link of all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Sturridge should have shot, Welbeck shouldn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Cant believe Allen is still on the pitch

I thought he was doing quite well, taken of because of the yellow most likely.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement