Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    utd fans just woke up

Yeah big cheer for being 10 points clear. Top of the league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

ah well played very well in the 2nd half and had chances to equalise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

born2bwild wrote: »
    What are they singing there?

Sign on, sign on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Great match, the better team won, thread went off without a hitch too!

Well done everyone :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Now way Wellbecks been MOtM. Either Rafael or Carrick.

I thought Carrick myself, especially in the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Slattsy wrote: »
    General comment. And fair, it's in atrocious condition.

As was stated by the club during the week, it's not up to usual standards and needs to be relaid over the summer. Saying it's not fit for a conference team is ridiculous hyperbole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

94_nev_280x390_914057a.jpg

I feel like this.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bah. Utd much the better team in the first half, Liverpool better in the second.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Game of two halves.

United dominated the first 45 minutes, but Liverpool probably deserved a bit more than a single goal in the second.

Still, win is a win :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Didnt expect to win and predicted a 2-1 scoreline. LFC terrible first half but at least we came out second half much improved and tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

What a horrible horrible game.

Well done UTD.

See ya next season fuuuuuuuuuuckers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't argue with the result. Encouraging signs with Sturridge and Suarez's play together but Liverpool just had too many passengers. Downing and Allen were anonymous, Sterling needs a break and we need more options in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

What helped was Rodgers leaving Sturridge on the bench at the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Sign on, sign on

You'll never work again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

get the feck in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

10 point clear.
    6 points off Liverpool.
    24 Points ahead of Liverpool.
    7 place ahead of Liverpool.

Keep HATING!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Liverpool deserved a point there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

poor game overall. Wasn't the most enjoyable.

Looking forward to the next game though, should be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We can't complain.

Like every away game against a top team in the league, we don't start playing until we are a couple of goals down.

24 points off Utd in January. I know it is hardly a total shock but FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Had the chances to get something out of that. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

DB21 wrote: »

As was stated by the club during the week, it's not up to usual standards and needs to be relaid over the summer. Saying it's not fit for a conference team is ridiculous hyperbole.

I didn't say a conference team.
    I said the pitch is fit for the conference.
    Keep up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Good win. Happy with the double this season. I'm out before the war starts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

double GG wrote: »
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

10 point clear.
    6 points off Liverpool.

Keep HATING!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Delighted with the win. United were poor as the game developed but Liverpool left themselves too much to do. Nothing too controversial I think or...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

At the end of the day take away the hype and bluster, the shiny video packages and the nauseating week long build up on Sky Sports News, what you were left with was the league leaders playing at home against a mid table side. Man Utd were a clear level above Liverpool for the vast majority of what was, ultimately, a disappointing game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I have to say Sturridge looked decent when he came on. Maybe he fits in at Liverpool?

• Advertisement

born2bwild wrote: »
    You'll never work again?

Just strange hearing it being sung when they're playing Liverpool for once, as opposed to every other team they play.

Christ I can't even be annoyed at the referee today, he had a very good game, just beaten by a better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Johner wrote: »

No they didnt.

They should have been 4 down at the end of the first half, they got exactly what they deserved from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

10pts thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Also, no Liverpool fan can ever mention Webb again after today. Not with a straight face anyway.

Skrtek should have gone, Johnson should have gone, Kagawa should have had a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Can't argue with the result. Encouraging signs with Sturridge and Suarez's play together but Liverpool just had too many passengers. Downing and Allen were anonymous, Sterling needs a break and we need more options in defence.

Hopefully that grows. Glimmering signs of it today.

Well done Utd.. Hopefully we'll take you out next year, and start reclaiming our rightful spot.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

10 point clear.
    6 points off Liverpool.

Keep HATING!!
    You must be an older fan who remembers the times when Liverpool dominated the league and Europe. Otherwise this shouldn't really matter to you that much.

• Advertisement

United at 21/20 has to be the most ridiculous price ive seen in a while. Whoever in their right mind were betting against them on Liverpool at 10/3, or the draw to drive the price out from 4/5 must really have problems. How people could back that and think it was a good value bet is beyond me. There should be an IQ test before people are allowed to gamble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

10 point clear.
    6 points off Liverpool.

Keep HATING!!

The irony is delicious in that post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

A game of two halves.
    Utd get the little bit of luck that we didn't. Draw would have been fair.

Good game. Next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fuhrer wrote: »
    No they didnt.

They should have been 4 down at the end of the first half, they got exactly what they deserved from the game.

Yes they did in my opinion. United much better first half, Liverpool much better second half. Point would have been fair.

At the end of the day take away the hype and bluster, the shiny video packages and the nauseating week long build up on Sky Sports News, what you were left with was the league leaders playing at home against a mid table side. Man Utd were a clear level above Liverpool for the vast majority of what was, ultimately, a disappointing game.

And yet they made such hard work of it. This United team isn't a patch of previous United sides and the fact that they're currently 10 points clear speaks volumes about the real quality of the league at the moment.

I can't see any England side being involved in the semi-finals of the Champions League at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

poor game, Liverpool looked dangerous in the 2nd half. 3 points will do nicely

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Its only one game, onto the next.

Ah stop, seriously stop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Another game were the referee made many terrible decisions against United that wont ever get brought up when people go on about Fergie buying the refs and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

You've been watching too much of the Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Good that Sturridge didn't start the game, Liverpool looked completely different once he was on the pitch and also Suarez had so much space to get on the ball..

Oh and Robin Van Persieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

They were better in the second half but didn't deserve a point; had Sturridge scored instead of blasting over then they would have deserved a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

10 point clear.
    6 points off Liverpool.

Keep HATING!!

And it was going so well.:rolleyes:

Dire first half, decent second, just didn't take the chances we made. Story of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

And yet they made such hard work of it. This United team isn't a patch of previous United sides and the fact that they're currently 10 points clear speaks volumes about the real quality of the league at the moment.

I can't see any England side being involved in the semi-finals of the Champions League at all.

I reckon Utd could have stepped it up, though - there was an ocean in class between those two teams today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I absolutely agree with you. Never mind the semi-finals, I'd be shocked of either Man Utd or Arsenal get into the quarter finals of the Champions League.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement